Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sledding! Yipeeeee!

We are now visiting Mana and Papa Miller in Illinois and we had perfect sledding weather yesterday for New Year's Eve. Mana and Papa have a perfect sledding hill for first timers (a.k.a. Alex) and we had a blast!! Alex sure is lucky to have such wonderful grandparents. He absolutely loved being pulled around, sliding down the hill, and making snowballs. We've gotten a bunch more snow since then, so hopefully we can go out again later this week. Here are some pictures.
"Cheeeeeeeese! I am LOVIN' this!" Going down with Papa . . . spinning out of control!
Dan (Joseph's brother) was only brave enough to go down once, then we scared him off with snowballs flying at his back. Okay, so really he had to go back inside right away to take care of his gorgeous little girl, but we just can't resist giving him a hard time.
Concentrating hard on making snowballs.

And here's a video capturing one of the many trips down the hill.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

SOO FUN! GOSH! What a little cutie Alex is. He's got some good parents. His little snow suit is super cute too.

Jen said...

Hey we have a toddler sled with a seat belt that you are welcome to any time!

Anonymous said...

That video is so dang cute. I love his "not so sure" face with the big smile and giggle at the end. Such a cutie. Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday season. Hope to see you sometime soon!
Love ya, lindsey

Aggieland Mom said...

That video was adorable! Our Alex can't go sledding because there is no snow here! (which is fine with me, it was even 50 degrees yesterday) Steve says that Dan looks as helpless in that sled as little Alex does. Hahaha! Tell those guys we can't wait to see them! Glad to see you are having a great holiday. We can't wait to get home and see you too!

Anna said...

Cute! He is so BIG!

I hope to meet him sometime soon, but until then, thanks for posting!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Sledding looks like so much fun! It looks like you had wonderful holidays and are still as beautiful as ever! love you and your cute little family! ps i've never been to Iowa! but you make it look fun!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, this was so cute to watch! I can't believe he's having so much fun out in the snow! It is the cutest thing! Sometimes I wish for a white winter... but not really! haha I'm fine with our "chilly 54 degrees" weather!

Drea said...

I LOVED catching up on all your pictures and stories! Looks cold in Iowa, and fun!