Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm a Binge Blogger Too

To steal my friend Chelsea's line from her blog . . . I am a binge blogger as of late. I put a million things on here and then wait forever to do it again. So, here is my newest binge for all to enjoy.
Family in Town and The Fourth
My sister Stacey and her husband have three boys who are married and live here in Phoenix, so they came for the fourth along with my parents and my sister Tammy from Ohio. This is us at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant in downtown Phoenix. Soooooooo good. I now love Greek food!
Afterwards, Dad, Joseph, and I took Alex to his first theatre movie: UP. We are pixar people, so it had to be a pixar. It was such a great movie!
These are Justin and Chelsea's boys. Cole is the oldest, the twins are Trace and Brody and then you all know Alex of course. I love these cute boys!
This is their youngest and a little girl Brynn. Such a dolly. Love her!
Our day with Jarom and Charla was super fun as we went to the Bounce Jungle by their house in Chandler. Alex absolutely loved this place and I think it goes down in our books as one of the best family activities we have ever done.
Yes, I totally beat him on the first hit. Sorry, honey. I had to put it on here. :)
I'll leave the judging up to you on who actually won this one. :) And you all thought Joseph was calm?? mmm.hhhhhmmm.
Rebekah had fun while we were there just talking to Grandma and chewing on plastic. :)
At Josh and Kara's house we had some tap dancing fun. This was so hilarious. I have to say I was impressed with my 2 year old's dancing skills.
My cake tradition for the 4th. I love this cake. This year I used a yogurt cake recipe for the cake and frosting. So yummy.
I just think these two are so cute.
He is growing up so fast.
Had to show off my 4th of July bow. I am so happy she keeps them in.
We sat on my Brother in Law's big truck to watch the fireworks. In this picture, Alex is "touching" them. He was mesmorized. I was tired. :)
California Trip!
Isn't it sad that this is the best picture I took in the entire 6 days we were there. My excuse: 4 college girlfriends turned moms, 8 kids, 0 dads. When we did have breaks and quiet time from the utter chaos, we enjoyed talking with each other so much that pictures were the last things on our minds. Thanks Sheila and Kari for being such great friends and letting Amber and I crash your cribs. :)
Kiddo Updates
I had to post his picture because this is Rebekah's most common look. Sucking away on that bottom lip with an innocent stare. She is nearly 8 months old now! Crazy! She is also almost crawling. So close and so so determined. She gets really frusturated when she watches Alex running around and can't get up and go with him. She is babbling more and more, eating soft finger foods like bananas, peas, puffs, cheerios etc. She is seriously such a cool girl and I am totally in love with her. She is happy and outgoing and very silly. Love this girl. Ok, so she does drive me crazy sometimes too, but doesn't every kid? :)
Here is a cool video of Alex swimming. We are so excited for all he has learned this summer. He is growing up so fast. The first video is swimming under water. The second is doing the backfloat. Both are very short.


An Arizona Monsoon
Charla can attest, since I made her take this video . . . I was a little over excited to see an Arizona Monsoon. Believe it or not, we even saw some hail land on their patio. After a 114 Degree day, you would think it impossible, but it is true my friends. Scout's honor. The monsoon was crazy! And honestly the desert smells sooooo good after a downpour like that. The video certainly doesn't do it justice. The wind was unbelievably strong and making the rain come in sideways.

8 comments:

Danny said...

Joe, I think Heidi basically beat you at both the joust and the race - that looked like illegal interference on the race.

nathan n rachel said...

Heidi won.

Charla and Jarom said...

I'm so glad those videos worked on that CD! I love love love that tap dancing video, so cute :) I was just watching the one where they were throwing the football back and forth on my computer and Alex's laugh and Evan's stance were just cracking me up!

Sarah said...

We are soooooo excited for you all to come back! I can't believe what a good swimmer Alex is! I put my kids in 3 weeks of swim classes and he puts them to shame. We love you guys!
Sarah

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Yay, I can't wait to get a full update in person about your wonderful summer!! How is Joseph liking his internship? When do you guys get back to Iowa? I think we'll be there about the 2nd week. We miss you!! Alex is getting so big! And Rebekah is BEAITIFUL, what a sweetie.

Dave and Abby said...

I love how powerful the emotions of unity and selfless love are demonstrated between you and Joseph during the obstacle course: First you cheat by grabbing his foot on the way up, thus making it to the top before him, but then he creams you! All's fair in love and war.
Abby

FM Koppe said...

Olá, seus filhos são LINDOS!
Quando penso em você me lembro do pão com canela que fizemos na missão.
Aí eu lembro desse blog. http://doodlebread.wordpress.com/ Eu acho a sua cara ;)
Eu amo você.
Bjs
Fer

Chelsea said...

Your kids are so cute. Let's start a Binge Bloggers Anonymous club, or at least get together sometime, I 'm glad you're back!