Friday, December 03, 2010

Ode to Iowa City

Oh Iowa City how I miss you. I miss your super clean, super efficient, super friendly, super trustworthy hospital and ER at the U of I Hospitals and Clinics. I miss your willingness in healthcare to work WITH people and not against them. I miss the time you have for people. I miss your pediatrician, Dr. Gordon. No one here compares to her concern, intuition, talent, and love for my kids' health. I miss your CLEAN and UP TO DATE Dr.'s offices and hospitals. Isn't a Dr. Office and/or hospital a place to go to get better not worse!!!?? I miss friends and ward members who keep their phones on at night so we can call in case of a late night need for very sick kids. I miss your NOT BUSY roads to drive on. I miss your slow moving pace. I miss your gas prices, food prices, utility prices and medicine prices. I hope we can come back some day to visit you Iowa City. Until then, think of us and remember how much we love you.

6 comments:

Amy said...

we love and miss you too! come baaaaaack!

Sarah said...

We miss you, too.

Aggieland Mom said...

I miss you every single day. Don't you forget it. Every darn stinkin day! And about all that other stuff... maybe you can find comfort in the fact that I KNOW exactly what you are talking about. Those are some of the worst parts about the East. Iowa City misses you. Btw, the song on my blog is dedicated to you.

nathan n rachel said...

Iowa City misses you...DEEPLY!

Unknown said...

Just remember---my phone is always on late at night if you need us!! We may be a bit far but we'd be happy to come help. We love you guys and hope you are feeling better!!!!

Chelsea said...

I miss you! Come back and I'll always have my phone by my bedside at night! I'll even let my husband take care of you in the ER (okay, maybe in a few years...) I hope everything's okay!