Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Is this Heaven?? No, it's IOWA!!

I feel bad that it has taken me this long to make such an important announcement, but it seems that the last few weeks have been a blur! Joseph has decided to go to the University of Iowa for law school!!! We feel like it is the place where he will receive the best education and have the best opportunities and so we are very excited to be there! I am extra excited because my parents will then only be 1 1/2 hours away! Yipeee!! Congratulations to Joseph! We sort of celebrated the decision by going to Iowa to find housing. My mom watched Alex for the entire day while we searched. It was easy to see the difference between a mommy and a daddy when Joseph sat down at lunch that day just after getting back from getting us drinks and I said, "I miss Alex so badly it almost aches." His reply was, "Really . . . I was just thinking that this is the best time I've had with you in a long time!" It was pretty funny. We did have good fruits from our search too. We found a great and inexpensive little duplex in Iowa City and it seems like the perfect place for us. We will be moving out of our Chicago apartment on June 30th and then staying with some friends for a month before we head to Iowa. Joseph is anxious and excited to stop working and start studying. It looks like we have a big adventure to look forward to!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Congratulations you guys...I am seriously sooo excited that you have direction again finally and that you are getting closer and closer to your final goals. I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE student life. I know it's tough being super duper poor, but I think it's some of the most carefree days of our lives. One or two kids...no mortgage...no hassles...just school, rent, and a few bills. I mean honestly, what man gets two weeks for Christmas break??? It's soo fun! Enjoy every second! AND WAY TO GO JOSEPH!! You so smart!