(1) He is the shorter kid with the mullet. (2) After the slaughter

Another bittersweet thing is that Alex now knows 33 words!! That further proves that he is growing into a little boy faster than I ever wanted him to! He has been saying words here and there for awhile, so about a month ago, I decided to start writing them all down to see how many he knew. That list came to 33 that he says often and then there a few more that he has said once and never said again, and then 1 that he says all the time, but we have no idea what it means. He knows what it means, but we definitely don't. There are also, of course, the many babblings that are definitely his own language. Okay, so just indulge me and read the list.Daddy, Momma, No, Yes, Apple, Banana (Nana), Wow, Owie, Ball, Yay, Up, Papa, Teeth (Teef), PooPoo, Eeeew(says this when I change his poopy daipers), Boo (as in Peek-a-Boo), Yeah, Whoah, Amen, Alex (Aah-lay), Hot, Hat, Eyes, Jesus, Help, What, More (Moe), ByeBye, NightNight (nighnigh), Hi, Bike, Book, and Bubbles. Thanks for indulging me. I suppose this post might come across as bragging, but don't parent's have that right?? I mean, especially when they do it so that grandparents can see how clever their grandchildren are. :o) I personally think Alex just really likes to hear his own voice. I sure do love this kid. Here are a couple of short videos: P.S. the fuzzy red socks are mine. He insisted on wearing them. Silly goof. :o)
9 comments:
SO jealous of your genius child. Warren is going to have to go word boot-camp to catch up!! ;)
Isn't it so funny when they suddenly have a little mind of their own...the things they come up are soo funny! AND I SWEAR, they only get funnier! Love the red socks! Oh, and the haircut looks great, I love little boys with short hair though so I think he looks adorable. Although, short hair is definitely not "in" right now as I'm seeing the Aaronic Priesthood holders in my ward all have the long shag look going right now...see, your son's mullet was actually totally in style!!!
I am so glad I am not the only mom who never wants their children to grow up. the #3 birthday was hard for me because that means she is getting close to going to school! We aren't sending her to preschool so it is still 2 years away but AAHHHHH!! and A will be 1!!!
Love ya!
Lindsey
That is so funny. I think my favorite is a-pple. That was really cute.
Eli also LOVED it. Giggling and giggling. It even inspired him to try repeating some of the sounds that Alex said. He just loves to watch Alex in the videos.
I think your little boy is growing into a toddler. Time for another one. Perhaps it should be a brother to keep Alex company and they can go off and play together. I will have another girl and it will be a perfect match! He is adorable, and very advanced as far as the language goes. Congratulations!
PS Yes, we did do some modeling back in Provo. It just became so demanding that we had to give it up.
Love the hair cut! He looks like such a big boy!
I can't wait til Ava starts talking...seriously he get cuter and cuter and i like his haircut! miss ya- happy v day!
Heidi! I finally looked at your blog without you having to remind me in an email! Aren't you proud! Alex is such a cool little kid. I'm so glad I get to be his uncle! "33 words and a haircut" Ha! Sounds like a reality TV about show about some rowdy kids going to disciplinary school.
I love it! I can't wait till Evan starts talking!
Post a Comment