We'll let you decide . . .
He loved schucking corn with mommy and daddy, but he loved eating it and admiring it even more. P.S. This is the only vegetable he'll eat right now besides raw carrots and celery drenched in ranch dressing. 



On Saturday we experienced the Iowa State Fair for the first time and it was a blast! In the Little Hands on the Farm area, Alex proved to be quite the little farmer. He went "Farmer No Pants" style here because he peed through his faulty daiper about 20 minutes after we arrived at the fair and mommy didn't even think to bring a change of clothes. Good thing he doesn't mind yet that thousands of people saw his muscular farmer tanned thighs. They gave them the aprons, hats, and baskets as they entered the farm. We thought it made his outfit even more stylin'.
Then they went through several farm chores and collected the "fruits" of their labors in their baskets to be "sold" at the end in exchange for a dollar to "buy" themselves a treat at the market. The first thing was planting his crops. He planted green peppers.
Our lovely camera ruined most of our pictures of the other areas of the farm, but after the planting of vegetables, they harvested grains, picked apples, sheered sheep, and some other things. Shown here is the gathering of eggs from the hens. He LOVED this one!
They also got to gas up their John Deere tractors and drive them around the little farm.
He even got to "milk" a cow. They had the rubber utters filled with water and the kids could easily squirt some into the bucket. He thought this was pretty cool too.
It was so fun to see him learning all these things. We loved the Iowa State Fair and recommend that everyone experience it that lives around here. Besides where else will you ever get to see a well over 1200 pound boar snoring noisly and disgustingly while laying in a nasty smelly pen? :o) Joseph thought this big guy was fascinating . . . . I nearly lost my lunch.
6 comments:
I would say he's Iowan through and through! The topper HAS to be the no pants at the state fair! HILARIOUS! We're going to our state fair next weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!!
SO much fun!! Alex is such a stud and quite the little farmer! I love the no pants thing too!! That's too funny! Hope you're doing well and that pregnancy is treating you well. Love you and miss you tons!!
Ok I just wrote a really long novel of a comment (seriously) and it just all erased. So what I said in a nutshell was, love the pantless pictures, loved the story telling, love the fact that there's a little Heidi coming! So cute!! Anyway, our paths will connect one of these days and I'll take millions of pictures of your cute little family!! Maybe I'll stow away in Drea's luggage since she'll be in Iowa over Christmas. =) Hope you're feeling good!
Heidi,
Alex is just adorable. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Girls are so much fun. I found your blog through Jane's. I enjoy seeing all the pictures of your cute little family. We are actually living in Iowa also. About an hour west of Des Moines in Atlantic. Joe's job brought us here. Hope all is well for you.
Rebecca Phillips (Leonard)
Hi there, this is Martin Leonard. We got your blog address from Rebecca's. I recognized your name and thought my wife, Taryn, and I could check out your blog. Good to see that you are doing well since I haven't talked to you in so long.
Martin Leonard
It was so fun to see you guys at the fair. It certainly looks like Alex is growing up to be a farm boy...there are plenty of farms in Idaho, in case you were wondering! I am sure Aubrey would love to live out her days in Idaho.
Post a Comment