Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Anguish

Did you know there is a language called Anguish? Me neither. Alex did though. Last night after Joseph said our family prayer in Spanish, he asked Alex if he wanted to say his prayer in English. He replied, "Yes, I want to pray in Anguish."

And he did pray in Anguish and it was definitely different from English. He said all the words in English, but with a trill of his tongue throughout each word trying to make it sound like spanish I suppose. When he was done he said, "I prayed in Anguish!" Oh how I wish I had that on video. It was priceless.


6 comments:

Wilson Family said...

How cute, Heidi! That's great that you guys pray in Spanish. Daniel loves to pray in Spanish when we have visitors that don't understand a word he's saying. Your family is so darling. If we're ever in the same place at the same time, we'll have to get together again and have late-night conversations like we did in MI, remember? :)

nathan n rachel said...

How cute. I'll make Nathan pray in Dutch every once in a while so that he can keep up his second language.

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!! I love him!! I'm glad you're teaching your child to be tri-lingual :)

Martin and Taryn said...

Oh sweet! I love when children come up with their own things! I hope to meet him and Rebekah one day!

Cindy Miller said...

Heidi,
I, also, know how to pray in "Anguish"...xo

Hilary said...

That is too cute!