We sat down in sacrament one minute early. YES! Rebekah spit up all over me and her . . . twice. What?! Rebekah you never do that. Why today?? After sacrament Alex did the dead weight thing so that I was holding my 20 pound 8 month old and dragging my 35 pound 2 year old while both are crying because the 8 month old is starving and the 2 year old is afraid to go to nursery. In my mother/psychologist opinion it was because since Daddy left and hasn't come back yet, he was afraid I would do the same. Anyway . . . so on the way to nursery I frantically hand Rebekah off to Jason Stoddard (bless you Jason) hardly noticing that he was already holding two sets of scriptures and a daiper bag, and I leave trying to get Alex to nursery. We get there. He freaks. We come back. I take Rebekah from Jason and lean down in the foyer surrounded by members of my ward all wondering what they can do to help. When I lean down, Rebekah spits up again, but this time all over herself and the floor. I don't have my daiper bag, so I set her down by Alex (both are crying) and go to grab it. I come back (both are still crying) and sweet Jessica is trying to see if Rebekah is okay and Rachel comes to try to help too. But, because I was embarrassed that at this point my tears were starting to flow, I rudely decline their help (sorry!) and book it for somewhere private where I can cry it out and pull myself together again. Well, we found the bathroom and when I came out there was Erin Thomas. She asked if I was okay to which I replied yes and she said, "no you're not" and gave me a big hug and pulled me into the mother's room and let me cry to her while my kids are both still upset. Thanks Erin. You were an angel today. A few minutes later Kim Stoddard comes in and makes me let her help me to. I am stubborn aren't I? You were an angel too Kim. She fed Rebekah while I eventually realized that no amount of persuasion was convincing Alex to go to nursery, so I eventually just left him there, apologized to the nursery leaders (who were great about it by the way) and left him screaming and went back to Rebekah, dried my tears, tried to make myself look presentable, finished up with Rebekah and sheepishly accepted more offers of help this week. Oh and did I forget to mention that before when I opened Rebekah's lunch of yogurt, I found it had burst all over everything in the lunch bag. Awesome.
So, it was by far the hardest day I have ever had at church, but also a great testimony to me of the importance of letting others help you. I hope someday I can be an angel to someone as these women were to me. I had many angels in my life today and I will be forever grateful to these good women in my life. Each of you saved me today . . . and true to myself I am crying as I type this, so I will end here by saying thank you from the bottom of my heart.
9 comments:
HEIDI I LOVE YOU!!! You are amazing!! Take the help, do the best you can, and don't beat yourself up about it!!! I can't imagine dealing with two screaming kids with no husband! I know you'll get through the next week and I'm so impressed with you for seeing the good in a really tough situation--YOU are the most positive person I KNOW!!! :):)
I've had a day or two similar to that. I remember one day especially in the "I won't wear a dress" phase where I was at my whit's end and Tawnya helped save me from going crazy. However much I dislike crying in public, I sure am grateful for those people who recognize what a bad liar I am when I say "I'm fine."
Heidi, that is so you! I can picture you with every word you type. Those days are the worst and just not having your "rock" to vent to about silly things makes the days so much harder. I know I shed many tears when Andy was working 16 hour days, 7 days a week, and I, like you, am very stubborn (like I really need to tell you that) and eventually swallowed my pride, cried myself across the street to my mommy and broke down! Hang in there! Cry when you need to and if all else fails, call me and I'll come help. My mom can take the girls pretty much, whenever. Really, call if you need a shoulder!
Love ya!
Lindsey
Amen for friends! Everyone loves you, so helping you had to have been a joy for everyone involved.
I swear when it rains it pours!! Luckily you are amazing and can see the positive in a really tough situation. I have no doubt that after a week as a single mommy this was the deal breaker for sure. I hope this next week goes better (it has to right???) and that you can continue to let your sweet sweet friends take care of you!!! THANKS LADIES, I wish I was there to take care of my Heidi, thanks for being there for her!!! You should take a road trip to your mom's this week and relax!
Anytime Heidi! I'll be there if you need any help. :)
OH Heidi...I'm sorry. I love you! Sundays are so hard without the hubbies. I've been realizing that too lately. I can relate. Aaron's been working every Sunday and I have to teach a S.S. class and take care of Peyton too. Those boys probably think I am nuts :). I'm glad you had some help. P.S. I wore my apron the other night and was thinking about you. I miss you guys!
P.P.S. Those new pictures are SO flippin cute. I love them.
Oh, that is so sweet, it made me cry, I love all these girls!
Post a Comment