Monday, April 19, 2010

Some Adult Conversation

Who ever said you can't ever have adult conversation when you have 3 little ones at home? Our dinner conversation tonight went something like this: (As you read this you need to picture Alex, sitting uprightly in his chair, furrowing his brow like an adult, and nodding his head in response to Joseph with a thoughtful look on his face the entire time this went on) :)

After we were all seated and the prayer was said, Alex turned to Joseph and very adult like said: "So Daddy, what did you learn today at school?"

Joseph replied: "Well, I learned about . . . 6th Amendment . . . blah, blah . . . law . . . rights . . . "

A: "Ohhhh, kinda like sports or somethin?"

J: "Yeah, sort of like sports . . . you see . . . 6th Amendment . .. blah, blah . . law, etc"

A: "Oh. Yeah. Like a Fireman or a Fire Truck or a Fire Fighter or somethin."

J: "Sure, you see . .. 6th Amendment . . . blah blah . . etc"

A: "Oh. What else did you learn Daddy?"

J: "Well, I learned that in criminal procedure . . . . law . . . rights . . . etc, etc."

A: "Hhhhmmmm. What might that be?"

J: " I also learned that in the Jackson case . . . etc, etc"

A: Oh. Like the baby Jackson that is Jami's baby?"

J: "Yeah, like that. There was this case about Jackson....."

A: "Oh. Good job learning today Daddy."
Yes, that is underwear on his head. Yes, it is clean. Yes, it is yet another mask design he has come up with on his own. This one, however, is more versatile as it doubles as an Incredible Hulk mask and a fireman mask.

11 comments:

Erin said...

It really just amazes me how their minds work. They must see/hear us adults talk and think, "I could do that!" I love it!

Sheila said...

I'm thinkin' you might just have a baby genius here Heidi. He is just too cute!!!

Sheila said...

(I'm imagining you sitting there, beaming at the intelligence of your little guy! Honestly, this is really cute!!)

Charla and Jarom said...

Isn't it amazing how conversations evolve as they get older?! I'm constantly amazed by Evan and the stuff he says and the comments he makes. It's only a matter of time before we're having a conversation about the 6th amendment at our dinner table ;) And ironically, Evan has started putting his underwear on his head this week as a hat of sorts, he thinks he's hilarious!

Unknown said...

I'm a little disgruntled at the turning of all the legal explanation into "blah blah blah," but the whole thing is pretty cute and those gloves are pretty freaking AWESOME, so you're forgiven :) LOVE YOU!!! MISS YOU!!!!

Danny said...

Joseph, why did you keep changing the topic?

Aggieland Mom said...

HAHAHA! I absolutely can see Alex sitting there having this conversation with Joseph. I love it, thanks for sharing that story! And boy he makes that underwear look good, Ow Ow!

Heather O'Brien said...

I love him! I was laughing out loud. Hallie does this with me on the way home from church every Sunday too, "How was class? What did you learn about?, etc." Kids are the best. P.S. LOVE the pic. He cracks me up.

Kari said...

wow. that's awesome. He is one smart little boy and he's got quite the sense of humor to go with it! Love the underwear mask with the giant hulk fists!! hahahahaa!! I'm glad you take the time to blog about these priceless moments and conversations. Hope you are adjusting to life with 3! Miss you!

Mary Ann said...

First of all his little conversation with Joseph was really cute. But then to scroll down and see him with underwear on his head and those hulk hands, right after his little mature conversation- that just made me laugh. :)

Erin said...

This post is hilarious. The underwear mask combined with the conversation and your detailed narration of it ("Laws...blah blah laws...").