Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We Do Still Exist

I am pretty sure this is the longest catch up post I have ever done. Here goes: The last month has been a whirlwind of events.

The Celebration (May 7, 2010):
My friends Chanell and Kim decided to throw an "Ice Cream (I Scream) for Graduation Party for our hubbies who were all graduating together. We missed you Ashley and Paul! It was originally going to be a "No S'more Law School Party," but weather did not permit. Aw well. Root Beer Floats and music in the church cultural hall was fun too! Just so you know 3 years ago when we started this same group pictured below had only one child (Alex) and Kim was pregnant with Kallie.

The Graduation (May 14, 2010)
I didn't get any good shots of the actual graduation, but here we are at the Old Capitol Building right after. Alex got to go with me into the graduation. He was proud of his Daddy.

Joseph and Paul. I think these two will always be very good friends. They helped each other a lot during these 3 years.

Joseph and his Dad. One proud Daddy!!

This is us with Professor Bezanson, the Professor that Joseph researched for for two years. We LOVE him. One of the kindest most genuine men I have ever met.

Us back at home after the graduation. The girls were being babysat, so we wanted to get a full family shot after.

Joseph and the kiddos. They sure do love their Daddy. I also thought this was a cool shot of the Doctor Hood. Can you tell I am proud of him??

My parents were at the actual graduation, but somehow we forgot to get a shot of Joseph with them, which is sad because without them I don't know that we could have done it. They have helped us sooooo much. I can't even begin to list the ways they have been there for us. We are going be heartbroken to leave them when we go. We love you mom and dad!! Thank you for EVERYTHING!

I love this picture. His parents just look so utterly thrilled with all of this. We got Joseph all gussied up in his robes after church the following Sunday so we could get a shot with his mommy since she couldn't be at the graduation. We also couldn't have done this without all of J's parents' support. We have been blessed with wonderful parents on both sides.

Joseph and his older brother Ben. Pictured here . . . Ben the Business Owner and Joseph the Attorney. Watch out world. There are Miller men on the loose.

The Baby Blessing (May 16, 2010)
I thought this was a pretty shot of Kaitlyn's gown and shoes. Kim . . . do these shoes look familiar? :) If I had time I would have brightened and edited all of these blessing shots . . . aw . . . someday . . . someday.

My pretty Kaitlyn. I love you.

Seriously. Could she be any cuter?

I can't get enough. She is such a good sweet baby.

Did I mention I really like this little girl?

The Circle that were in her blessing: Tim Cross(brother-in-law), Grandpa (my Dad), Joseph, Papa (Joseph's Dad), Uncle Ben, and not pictured were Alex Hachtman, Steve Courtright, Paul Justensen, and Adam Butterfield. It was a beautiful blessing that brought tears to the eyes of many. Once again, we have been blessed with a very special baby.

Kaitlyn CYNTHIA with her namesake. Sorry I forgot to take a happier one later Mana. My fault. She does love you I promise!

K with my mom. My mom made her dress. Kaitlyn is so lucky to have two beautiful and wonderful Grandmas.

Mommy and Katybug.
Daddy and Peanut.

This is the real story. Chaos. All. The. Time. Kaitlyn usually being the only one who quietly sits back and waits patiently for her turn.

Alex and his cousin Bannock. He is SUCH a cute kid. We loved getting to know him a little bit.

"Hey little cousin. Do you have tubes in your ears like me?! No?! Oh. Well I love you anyway."

Saying Goodbye to Law School Friends: :(
This is my Ashley girl. Don't go Ashley. Ok fine. Go. Be that way. Go with your husband and family and have a good job out west. Fine. :P I love you!!

It really isn't time to say goodbye to most of our friends here as we will be here for the summer, but this little get together made it seem that way. We did have to say goodbye to Ashley and Paul though. Here is Joseph with some of his closest friends here in Iowa. Alex, Steve, J, and Paul.
And here I am with some of my closest friends. Some are missing, so don't feel badly if you aren't on here!! :) Sarah, Nicole, Ashley, me.

Even Alex was serious about his goodbyes. Kisses with Aubrey, Paul and Ashley's little girl. So cute.

Another goodbye to make was with our pediatrician, Dr. Gordon. So sad. We LOVE her!!! I wish she could always always be our pediatrictian. Will anyone ever compare? I don't know. She knows my kids sooo well. I just wish I had gotten Stacey, our favorite nurse in this shot as well.

Some Extras:
Alex being goofy at a restaurant. He always wears his bike helmet . . . always . . . all day. We get it off for bath and bed and that is it.
I love this chica. She is at SUCH a fun age and is talking sooo much more and has the best sense of humor. Yeah, she makes me crazy sometimes, but I love her. :)

And this is what Kaitlyn thinks of her crazy brother and sister. "Seriously, could you guys stop being sooooo immature?"

Of course, we love to add to the fun and chaos of life with a little water and sand play. Silly boys. They will miss each other so much when we leave.

Right in there with the boys. No stoppin her.
All of us conked out after a few crazy weeks of fun. (Yes that is our bed in the living room. The girls share our room now and Alex has his own room. So much better. I can't wait to have 3 bedrooms someday.) :) But . . . we can't rest for long. Now it is . . . study for the bar exam, apartment hunting for DC, preschool hunting for DC, packing for DC, study for bar exam, soccer, me and kids go on trip to Utah with my parents, Study for bar exam, more soccer, study for bar exam, more packing, me and kids moving to DC, Joseph TAKES bar exam in AZ, Joseph moves to DC, family reunion in Utah, Jenna's wedding in Utah, back to DC, get settled, start clerkship . . . wait . . . wait . . . did I say get settled? We will never be settled will we? We have kids. Settled is not an option.

9 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun, busy, happy, and crazy few weeks you guys have had. Congratulations on the graduation and baby blessing. Kaitlyn is truly beautiful. I wish you guys all the best with all the travels and such this summer.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! I LOVE all of the updates! You guys look wonderful! YAY For having law school done...that one little itty bitty test is NO BIG DEAL, right??? Please...if I can pass...Joseph will have no problem. I can't wait to visit you in DC and for you to live HERE (eventually). Let me know if you hear anything on that house or if you need any more apartment hunting help-LOVE YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

oh yeah and I love kaitlyn. She's BEAUTIFUL!!

Heather O'Brien said...

This was so fun to read. I can't get over how big your kids are! Kaitlyn's dress is gorgeous! Your mom did an amazing job. What fun, busy, crazy times you guys are having right now. Reading this all makes me miss Iowa. When are you going to UT? Maybe we can see each other!!! P.S. I still love wearing my apron and think of you :). You rock my world!

Sheila said...

GREAT GREAT GREAT updates Heidi! This about sums it all up huh? You guys have been BUSY...just your kids alone would keep you busy enough let alone all the other fun and exciting/sad/scary/exciting new adventures!!!

All the graduation pictures are so great, you cannot beat a man in grad robes with doctorate hood with three babies and a wife. Pure joy right there!! The parents are all so proud.

Kaitlyn's dress is PRECIOUS and is perfect on her. I LOVE IT!! She looks soo perfect. She really is beautiful.

The helmet is so so funny Heidi, Alex totally cracks me up!! I LOVE THIS KID!

Oh, and we're in Utah last week of July and first little bit in August (will we cross paths????)

Angela said...

I loved reading about what you guys have been up to. Congratulations Joseph! What a great accomplishment for your family! You look so good and your little Katelyn is beautiful. I love all the different little names you have for her. =)

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you've kept your darn cute short hair. You look fab. I'm missing that warm, humid Iowa weather. And it's so green. I can't believe the kids have already been able to play in the sprinklers. Miss ya.

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations! Lots of busy things going on! Your kids are super cute. And you look great too- I love your hair. I'm sad for you to have to leave Iowa, we love Iowa. But I'm excited for your new opportunities! I hope everything's going great! We miss you!

Charla and Jarom said...

Whoo, that one was a doozy. And by the sounds of it your next post will be a doozy too! :) If Joseph needs a place to stay while he's out here or anything, please don't hesitate to ask!