Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Learning
I am really behind on the blog. I have yet to post anything about my sister taking Alex to Adventureland, going to Utah, visits from our Chicago family, etc, etc, but today when I took Alex and Rebekah to their swimming lessons I had a moment. In the Parent Tot class that Rebekah and I are in there is a mother with her adorable 5 year old boy. This little guy has Downs Syndrome. As his mind is still at around 18 months old, he gave her a lot of difficulty. She had to stay near the edge of the pool because he had an oxygen tank with him. When they were rinsing off after our class he got frustrated with her and bit her arm . . . really hard. It actually drew blood. Right after that, he got angry and gagged himself until he threw up all over the shower floor. She and I were the last ones in the dressing room and I said, "You know, you are a very good mommy to him. He is a lucky boy." To which she replied, "I am the lucky one. He is my greatest blessing from heaven." She said this after he had just drew her blood from biting her. I learned from her today and this sweet message below confirmed to me that though what we do is hard, our children are our greatest blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh heidi. what a sweet experience. that was awesome for me to read.
I actually needed this today. I've felt so frustrated with Tyler the past little while. I just need to exhale and talk with him. I know I always say this, but you really are wonderful!
Agreed!
Love you Heidi, thank you!
Oh and BY THE WAY--THE PICTURES TURNED OUT SOOOO CUTE!! I know Joseph loved his little "surprise" (wink) Your kiddos are adorable! -AND YOU LOOK HOT!
Post a Comment