Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Super Heroes

When at Six Flags, Joseph and I couldn't resist these capes...we already had the Spiderman Costume, courtesy of my sister Liesl, and the Batman and Superman outfits are Alex's pajamas. Are these some intimidating Super Heroes or what?! They loved this.

Kaitlyn is starting to wave at everyone. So cute. 

Making their capes fly.
I drew those for Alex during church on Sunday.
"Flying" out to the van to go to dinner at Amber's house. 
And little Spidey following delicately behind.
This seems like a good opportunity to update ya'll on the kiddos.
Alex's Super Powers: Alex is 4 going on 21 and quickly becoming an adult. He uses words that I don't hear a lot of adults use and it often catches people off guard. He is getting really good at being "creative" when making deals with us to make everything work to his favor. He is getting into teasing his sisters more and manipulating them into doing what he wants to do. :) Oh to be the oldest. Alex is getting better and better at reading, is still so kind and generous. He surprises us often with very thought provoking insights into the gospel and teaches us so much about love and determination every day. Alex loves to learn....anything and everything. He often asks questions and always wants to know what is right and wrong. He now knows just about everything there is to know about snakes and crabs and is currently seeking buckets of information on sharks. Every time we visit the library, he heads straight for the librarian and frankly asks, "Excuse me, could you help me find some books about great white sharks.....sea snakes....Maryland blue crabs...etc.?" It cracks me up. Alex is a joy and we feel so grateful for him.

Rebekah's Super Powers: Rebekah is 2 going on 14, but is much much more kind and loving than I was at 14. Even though she can scream louder than I like to admit, her heart is always ready to make sure everything is treated fairly, and to make sure we know she loves us. She has a big big big heart. She is speaking so well now and really able to express herself fully. We love to hear her speak. Her cute little voice is something I wish I could bottle up and keep forever. She is a great big sister to Kaitlyn and adores her brother Alex. It breaks her heart when he is in a bad mood. She is very concerned for him and as soon as he brightens up, she runs through the house declaring, "Alex is happy now!" She is learning her letters really well and loves to read books. We just started Big Girl Nap time with her, where she gets to be in mommy and daddy's room and can look at books until she feels like sleeping. She has done so well with this. Rebekak also makes the best faces. She is such a talented actress and cracks us up with her facial expressions...especially her, "It wasn't me" face. :) Rebekah loves to do what is right and what is wrong. :) She loves a reaction.Oh my Rebekah. You are an angel full of light, love and a lotta sass. We are so thankful for you.

Kaitlyn's Super Powers: This 17th month old girl is a ham. She is at that very fun stage where their personality starts to burst and everything is just so fun....except for her screaming tantrums when I am trying change her diaper. :) She loves to wave at everyone....she has an especial liking for the Elders (missionaries) in our ward. I gotta fix that. :) She has a cheesy wrinkly crinkly smile that melts us every time and such a sense of humor. She LOVES to dance. If there is music, her booty will be shakin. She is starting to repeat a lot of words we say, but the ones she says most are Momma, Daddy, Alex, Bekah, Hi, Hello, Bye Bye, No, Yes, Cookie, Book, NighNigh, Jump, Hot, Cracker, Eyes, Milk, Hug, Uh-oh, Oops, Meow, Moo, and my personal favorite...her first sentence, "I seeeeeee you!" So. Cute. She is getting into signing now too and signs things like, Hat, Doggy, Thank you, All Done, More, Bird, Horse, and Book. She is surprising us every day with new words she has learned. Kaitlyn loooooves to wrestle with Alex and Rebekah, loves to be tickled, loves the water, loves to walk everywhere all the time, tries really hard to keep up with A and R and absolutely her very favorite thing to do is to sit on my lap and read books. She can't sit next to me or on someone else's lap...just mine. She is VERY possessive of me....I guess I'll miss that someday right? :) Kaitlyn, you are a joy to us. We are so grateful for you.

1 comment:

Stephany said...

Heidi, I can't tell you how much I miss the sound of my little girl's voices. We have them on videos, but I wish I would've done a better job of tape recording them...like at bedtime when we would have long talks or some of their darling sibling conversations and pretend play times. So, my advice to you is get a little tape recorder and sneak it in there once in a while. I wish I would have. And yes...someday you will miss Kaitlyn clinging to you. Like painfully miss it!! I am really lucky, though, that my girls are still very cuddly, even as teenagers!! Love this post! Love their SUPER costumes and their SUPER powers!!!
Stephy