My younger brother Josh, who lives in Utah, had his Spring Break a couple of weeks ago and spent it here in Arizona with us. It was SO SO fun to have him here! My kids were sad when he left....and I was too. He helped with the kids, did dishes, and was so patient as I drug him all over Phoenix doing our normal daily thing with 3 kids 5 and under. We did do some fun things too. :)
Josh and I stayed until all hours of the night talking and laughing. He is majoring in Psychology and I think he is already darn good at it. He is so good and listening and opening up his mind to different points of view. He really taught me a lot while he was here and his visit helped me feel refreshed and motivated....something that is hard to feel when you are pregnant and busy, etc, etc. I am so grateful for my little brother. What a great blessing he is to our family!
We also went to the Phoenix Zoo...which was somewhat disastrous. :) The kids were on their worst behavior, and of course the week Josh is here, we get a heat wave. It is now beautiful again. Anyway, we didn't stay long. Luckily we have a membership, so we can go as often as we want and stay as little as we want. We did have fun though and the kids loved having Josh there, who is quite an animal enthusiast himself....like Alex.
Josh and I even got some time to ourselves for a morning when the kids went and played at a friend's house. It was fun to just walk around the mall with him and talk and look around.
One of the highlights was getting Cold Stone and watching a movie. Josh amazes me with his Cold Stone concoctions....I think he got Butter Pecan Ice Cream with Reeses PB cups, brownie, caramel, Heath Bar, and something else. It was pretty awesome. :) Here are some pics from our fun week.
 |
| I thought this Golden Eagle was so beautiful and majestic. |
 |
| For you Mana. TWO rattlesnakes. How precious huh? |
 |
| They are sitting on a Komodo Dragon. It's not alive. ;) |
 |
| Kaitlyn is in love with Uncle Josh. While we were riding the train around the park, she looked up at me and said, "I love Uncle Josh." Isn't he handsome ladies?! He's single you know. |
 |
| We also took Josh to the Mesa Temple one evening. It was a beautiful evening and he loved seeing this historic temple. It is one of the kids' favorite outings. |
 |
| Joseph had an extremely busy week at work, so this was the one thing he got to do with us. It was so nice to have him with us. |
 |
| This was the day Josh left. Alex was excited to dress like Uncle Josh and spike his hair. :) |
We miss you Josh! Come back soon!
4 comments:
That Temple is beautiful! Those snakes are awful (sorry Alex)... I'm still shivering! To make is up to him I will have to find another cool creature and email a picture to you, And Alex's hair is fantastic! Love you guys!
I'm so jealous! Josh got a date and not me. Looks like you guys had fun together. I'm so glad (just jealous). Love the hair!
Awe,Josh!! He's so grown up!! Crazyyyyyyyyy!! What a cute uncle and I just love how you are glowing in the picture with him at the temple, so cute.
How cool is it that he would choose to spend his spring break with his sister?!!?? What a great guy! A seriously great catch if you ask me!
Post a Comment