Thursday, July 05, 2012

Swimming Lessons (Day 3)

The girls started their swimming lessons on Monday, the 2nd of July. Today was their third lesson and I finally remembered to have my camera with me! It just amazes me how well Rebekah is doing after only 3 lessons. Kaitlyn is younger, so obviously, she isn't going to learn as quickly as Rebekah, although she is already doing excellent and is able to keep her eyes open under the water and grab for the things Mary tells her to grab for! She is also able to relax into a back float with little support from Mary. I am so proud of my girls. The best part though, is to see how proud they are of themselves. That is my favorite part of seeing my kids do hard things like learning to swim...an extremely important skill when you live in Phoenix. Rebekah has always been very hesitant to try new things with people she doesn't know, but with these swimming lessons, her confidence is just blooming beautifully. I love it! Rebekah is one of those little girls that tugs at your heartstrings. I love to watch her swim every day. Especially since at the beginning of the summer, when we first started taking them out to our pool where we rent, she didn't even want to get in the water without clinging to us....much less put her face in the water. She has come a very long way.

Kaitlyn went first today. 

The next two videos are of Rebekah.


2 comments:

Liesl Joy said...

That is so amazing! They both look so comfortable in the water! I would love to find a teacher like her! Email and let me know how much she charged for her lessons.

Stephany said...

I agree - Kaitlyn and Bekah ARE awesome!!!