Sunday, July 01, 2012

Ringling Brothers' Barnum & Bailey's DRAGONS!!!

Since we couldn't really go anywhere this summer with the baby coming and all the buying house stuff, we decided to make this circus our big family activity for the summer. We got great seats...about fours back near the center ring, and this circus did not disappoint! Every part of it was thrilling and fun to watch. The kids did great....with the exception of Kaitlyn having a few moments....and we all had a really great time together. That being said, I am surprised that all the action of it didn't put me into labor...it did contribute to some seriously swollen feet that night, but it was all worth it.

I guess whenever Barnum and Bailey's does tours, they have kind of a theme. This time it is Dragons. If it comes to your area, I would highly highly recommend seeing it. They had it all...dragons, samuri guys, trapeze, clowns, acrobats, elephants, dogs, tigers, cats, horses, motorcycles, and more! In fact the Cat Tamer guy was the best I've seen. He was in that arena with 9 Wildcats! I think there were 5 Tigers and 3 Lionesses, and 1 Male Lion. It was so fun to watch. It was really neat. Pictures, as always for something like this, do not do it justice, but nonetheless...here are a few that we got.
There was a pre-show where the kids could stand right down in the arena. We liked these samuri guys.
And a circus would not be complete without clowns!
  
Completely enthralled.





The Ringmaster was awesome. He did an amazing job.

The Cat Tamer. I wish we could have captured this better. 

There are acrobats in those balls and they are really high up. The balls would open and it was pretty cool to watch how they could hold themselves up there.
  
I had to include this picture because Rebekah said the girls who hung by their hair was her favorite part. I could hardly stand to watch it. It looked painful.


Usually for stuff like this, we let the kids pick out something that is very very cheap. Since it was our big "vacation" for the summer, we splurged and let them choose something a little bigger to guy. Alex, of course, wanted a sword. Rebekah got a tiger in a pink purse, and Kaitlyn chose a show horse. The horses and their amazing trick riders were her very favorite part of the show!

The dogs were hilarious.

We didn't get a photo of it, but one guy did a flip like this, but with stilts on!

The elephants were Joseph's favorite part. He loved them, so there are lots of pictures. 


I think there were 6 or 7 elephants. 


At one point they had 8 motorcycles in here at the same time! I couldn't hardly stand to watch this either. I just held my breathe and hoped no one would die. 

This is after everyone cleared out and they were cleaning up. I just wanted at least one picture of the area. It was at the arena where the Phoenix Suns play. Rebekah was being uncooperative and Kaitlyn is naked because about 30 minutes before the show ended, she spilled lemonade all over her clothes. :) 

3 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

I LOVE this last picture. I have been laughing for a few minutes. It shows all their personalities so well. Alex: look at my cool sword! Joseph: my kid is naked and they are cleaning up the place, it's time to go! Rebekah: the picture speaks for itself and Kaitlyn: I'm a confident lady and I don't mind that I'm naked. hahaha! Well, it's my interpretation at least...

Liesl Joy said...

I love Sheila's comment on the last picture! She nailed it! This looks like so much fun! I've got to go the next time they're here!

Stephany said...

I remember taking my girls to a Ringling Brother's Circus once and it was SO awesome! We took them to a couple other circuses after that one and they didn't even compare. You've made me want to go to a circus again! I'll have to start watching out for one to come to our area. Thanks for sharing!