Thursday, March 13, 2008

These are a Few of His Fav-o-rite Things . . .

Joseph reminded very sweetly last night that he would like it if I would do a new post so that he doesn't have to look at the idol stars, David and Jason, anymore when he opens our blog, so we are going to share some of Alex's favorite things.

He has recently started having an attachment to his 2006 Bear given to him by Joseph's old boss, and his Doggy that his Aunt Jenna sort of "handed down" to him this last Christmas. When he wakes up in the morning, and after his nap, he will not get out of that crib until he has the bear under one arm, the dog under the other and the blanket wrapped around him. Then, he will not drink his bottle unless the bear is still under one arm and the dog is still under the other and the blanket is still touching him. Here is proof . . .
After his bottle, he usually walks around holding said bear and dog and giving them "mmmm-whaaa" kisses. Yes, he makes that sound whenever he kisses. So cute.
Another of his favorites are shoes and his Grandparents. Put the two together and you have a happy boy. Here he is with his proud Grandpa Swallow, whom he calls Paaaa-pa, Paaa-pa!! He is sporting my dad's fancy boots. His last favorite thing for the purposes of this post is this little nook behind our kitchen table. Whenever we are in the kitchen he heads straight for it, usually with my dish towel around his neck, and just stands there and bangs his head back and forth from table to wall. Should I be concerned??
We sure do love this kid.

11 comments:

Sheila said...

Uh, little boys are the BEST! I'm so happy I got another one. Alex is so funny, I think if we lived closer he and Justin would be great friends. Justin developed a thing for shoes about at Alex's age and still has not outgrown it. It's so funny to see these little guys in such big shoes!

I think I might be concerned with the whole head banging against the wall and table thing IF he didn't have the dish towel...but that seems to make it totally OK, so no worries!! Justin likes to run around with a bucket on his head screaming "BUCKET HEAD, BUCKET HEAD" at least once a day, and sometimes attempts to ride his bike at the same time. Definitely nothing unusual, right?

I love that you caught it all on camera. NICE!

Stephanie said...

You should definitely be concerned. If he bangs his head too hard, all that genius will fall out. :)

Anna said...

That made me laugh so hard I cried.

Angela said...

What a cutie pie! He has such a sweet little face. Shawn has a thing for two of his favorite stuffed animals too, and with shoes! They sound like they'd get along great! Except the shoes that Shawn ends up putting on are my pink flats or some high heels. Maybe I shouldn't leave those around so much. =)

Jen said...

Cute pic of Alex and your dad. Have a good time in Chicago this week!

Jules said...

He's getting so tall! What a cutie!

Stacy said...

I think your manchild will be leaving on his mission before I ever meet him!!!

I can't believe how old he's getting!

Also... we are planning a trip with our friends in May to celebrate our double anniversary (Cinco de Mayo!!!) AND... I wondered if there were any MUST SEES while we are in the windy city!!

How are you guys doing??

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

JOE!!!! It's RJ from SHA. Hopefully you remember me! Your family is beautiful. I'm so glad you married Heidi. Hope you don't mind if I keep checking back! I have a blog also, check it out if you want. goodhale.blogspot.com

-RJ

Charla and Jarom said...

I wouldn't be concerned, because my child does the same thing! Unless they both have problems :) evan will crawl over to the wall or the sliding glass door, sit with his back against it and hit the back of his head against the wall over and over, lightly of course, and he's smiling the whole time. I think it's funny and cute. I read somewhere that head banging is a rhythmic, calming thing that babies do.

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

What an adorable kid. He is just the cutest, sweetest little guy in the world!