Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

To celebrate this spring break, where we got Joseph to ourselves at least a little bit more than usual, we decided to pay a little visit to Chicago (mostly for interviews), and the Amana Colonies, a german town here in Iowa. Here are some highlights from our week:

I have to admit that the most fun we had while in Chicago was actually just hanging out with Joseph's family and late night talks with our dear friends Alex and Sarah Hachtman. But, since you don't really take pictures of that sort of thing, here are some pictures from the train ride, the city, and the Shedd Aquarium.
This is on the Metra on our way into the city.
Just outside the Shedd Aquarium on the Museum Campus
Watching the cool dolphins. Everytime I see one of these shows, it makes me wish I was a dolphin trainer. No joke!

The kiddos completely conked out on the way home. We were happy we got to spend so much quality time with Alex and Sarah H (even if our sweet little ones were a little tired and I was a lot a bit cranky! Sorry Alex and Sarah!). :o)
Here we are at the Amana Colonies on Friday. We got there a little late, so most stores were closed, but we still got to walk around a bit and eat at the Ox Yoke Inn. Yummy food.
Alex loved the ham! He seriously ate like 2 1/2 adult size pieces of ham! Yikes!
Lastly, I just had to share this video. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this post, but I had to put it on here anyway. :O) Oh, and no we didn't plan this. He was doing it as if he was really upset at first, but when we got the camera out he thought it was a game. It is now one of his favorite games.

10 comments:

Jules said...

What a stud! Looks like you guys had a fun time in Chicago...although it sure did look cold!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

I love that little voice! what a cutie... looks like fun!

Chelsea said...

Love the video, I can just imagine you walking around the house all day with a little munchkin hanging on one of your legs as you try to get something done. Moms are great :)

Aggieland Mom said...

Cute video. My Alex never does that, I have to MAKE him cuddle with me! =)

Drea said...

That video is sooo cute! He's a momma's boy it looks like. Glad you guys had a fun time in Chicago :)

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

How cute! It looks like you had a fun spring break. It is always nice to have a little more time with the husbands and I think it is a nice break for them too! I think it is time for you to teach Aubrey that she wants to be held and doesn't want to be put down. She missed that part.

Sheila said...

Ok, that white jacket is SOOO CUTE! You look HOT Heidi!! Seriously, you look great, I need your secret. Oh, and in that white jacket picture, I love the blanket over Alex...is he really in there??


It was SO great to talk to you the other day, it seriously made my week. I miss hanging out and have to admit I am very jealous of your Chicago friend Sarah...NO FAIR!

Unknown said...

These little guys are amazingly strong!

Unknown said...

Christopher s is Jen Russell- I forgot to log in as myself on Chris's computer!

Charla and Jarom said...

That video is sooo funny. I'm sure Evan will be doing something similar to me some day, he gets really clingy to me too! It drives me nuts, but I love it at the same time :)