Monday, February 16, 2009

Alex Obsessions and Rebekah Milestones

With Rebekah here, Alex has become quite good at entertaining not only himself, but her as well. Here are a couple of things he's become completely obsessed with recently.

Towers
. . . Anything can be made into a tower in this kid's world (books, cans, washcloths, clothes, plastic animals, even home decor, stools, chairs, etc)
This is what happens when the tower falls prematurely. He has inherited his mother's quality of everything having to be perfectly straight and if the tower tumbles before it is straight to his satisfaction that equals a very unhappy boy. We are working on, "don't get frusturated Alex, just pick up and try again."
Do I Fit?? . . . Another obsession is emptying large things out and trying to fit inside of them. One being his laundry basket. He isn't actually all the way asleep in this picture, but I think if I hadn't come in and taken a picture, he would have soon been. Strong Legs . . . She is pushing on her legs a lot now and one of her happiest positions is like this . . . up on her feet. Alex thinks this is hilarious and says things like, "Rebekah is trying to walk mommy. That's so cute!"Thumbs! . . . I don't know if some would consider this a milestone, but we aren't big fans of binkies in this family mostly out of laziness (searching for them, putting them back in the baby's mouth a bazillion times a day, etc). Though, I know we will regret this later when we have to break them of it, but we would be happy if all our kids were thumbsuckers. They can sooth themselves soooooo much better that way. She isn't an all the time thumbsucker yet, but we get the feeling she will be.Champion Sleeper . . . I don't have a picture to share of this, but for about 2 weeks now, she has been sleeping from 8pm - 5 am, eats, then sleeps from about 5:30 am - 9 am. I consider this the milestone of all milestones. Now, I just hope I haven't jinxed myself.

She Laughs!! . . . I do have a video of this, but it's way to long. She won't laugh at anyone but Alex and to get her to laugh, he just jumps up and down in front of her and she apparently thinks it is hilarious. It is so cute. I'll try to get a shorter video of it soon.

Eye Color . . . This is a milestone we want to reach . . . can you tell what color they will be? I am thinking they might end up green like her Papa Miller's or hazel like her Aunt Rachel's. Right now they look greyish green to me, but it changes with what she wears.

6 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

As a soon to be pediatric dentist Jared is anti thumb sucking and if Addi tried to put her thumb in her mouth he would take it out. She never liked the pacifier so she never used a pacifier or her thumb to soothe herself I always had to nurse her in the middle of the night to get her to go back to sleep so I say if they like their thumb let them have it or you may never find of way to let them soothe themselves. Your kids look a lot alike.

Sheila said...

Oh Heidi, your kids are SO CUTE!!! I love the laundry basket one the best. Hilarious!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

How fun! I love reading your updates and get the scoop on your kids!

Angela said...

That last picture of her is so precious! I can't believe how time flies and that she's doing all of those things already! And sleeping through the night?? That definitely has to do with some good parenting. Great job!!

Kari said...

Heidi I love the pics!! Rebekah is growing so fast and getting that cute little Miller look. So precious! Okay, and Alex is too funny!! I too love the laundry basket picture. That is too funny!! I'm so happy for you that Rebekah is sleeping through the night too! That is the best feeling!! Love the updates! Miss you!!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Ok so your kids are darling and its so fun to see you as a mommy of 2! Alex is such a smarty pants and I can't believe he is potty trained either! You look great and I totally miss you! Loves