"What does the shark say mommy?"
I replied, "Chomp Chomp Chomp."
He said, "No, the Shark says, "Fish are Friends, NOT Food!" I laughed for 10 minutes.
This all came from our first official Pillow Party that we had last Friday night. We decided to watch Finding Nemo since Alex is still completely obsessed with fish and all other sea animals. This was his very first real full length film and he adored every minute of it. Throughout the entire thing it was, "Whoah, look at that big sea turtle mommy and daddy!" or "That's a huge Sting Ray Mommy and Daddy!" or "Wow, look at that Puffer Fish. He blowed up like a balloon!", "A Seagull!" "A Dolphin!" "A Pelican!" "A Starfish!" A Crab!" "A Seahorse!" Etc, etc. It was so much fun having some Alex time with just mommy and daddy and I am pretty sure Alex was in heaven with mommy and daddy all to himself, yummy treats, and a show filled with sea animals.
Here we are all set up for the pillow party. We put Rebekah to bed and snuggled up to the best animated movie there is . . . in my opinion. :o)
Do you see any similarities between Father and Son here?
On Saturday, the closest to his real b-day (the 29th) we could get, he and I ditched the kiddos and ate at Red Lobster. Yum!!!! Then we went over to the Hachtmans, who were watching our kids, and had cake and ice cream and fun with friends. I am so grateful for my Joseph. He is my best friend . . . and really quite good at blowing out candles too! :o)
From the hours of 6 - 7:30 pm, she wants nothing but mommy. Here she is with Daddy (yes it looks like she is crying because he is ignoring her, but really, no amount of walking, bouncing, singing, etc from him will calm this child . . . she just wants mommy.
8 comments:
We think your kids are adorable! And that picture with Rebekah after being handed to you shows how gorgeous she really is!
Heidi are you wearing BYU issue?? if so--that's HILARIOUS because I still have like eight sets I stole from the locker room.....also, harrison tends to do the only stop crying with mommy thing once in awhile--I relish that he loves me :) Rebekah is SUCH a doll--can't wait o meet here in person!!!
Heidi, Rebekah is sooooo adorable!! I totally remember those only wanting mommmy time in the evenings. And the thumb sucking is cute too!! Love the pillow party idea...my kids would LOVE that!! SO I hear you may be coming to CALI this summer!!! YEAH!!!We need to talk!!Miss you!!
Love the BYU issue Heidi, I have three I think (bystandard from working there i guess). AND REBEKAH!! I LOVE YOU! Her and Alex are SO siblings I can't believe it! Those eyes, so adorable. I loved the nemo cake and little pillow party, how fun! You guys are such great parents, your kids are so lucky to have you. Heidi, you are LOOKIN GOOD by the way!!
That sounds like so much fun to have a movie party! I want to do it! Spencer's attention span doesn't last that long yet, but maybe someday. Happy Birthday Joseph! And Heidi, I can tell you lost weight. You look really good!!!
Oh, those days! I remember Andy getting so upset because he thought Laney didn't like him. I feel for Joseph, and I also feel for you. Sometimes it is so hard because you don't want your husband to feel bad but at the same time you just want the crying to stop so you take them. Hopefully this phase will not last long, don't tell Joseph, but with Laney, well, she still sometimes just wants me (and she's 4!!). Good luck! I love the movie time! Laney loves when the seagulls say "mine, mine, mine, mine!" And when Laney was little(er) Andy took it upon himself to teach her; "fin, noggin." It was pretty cute.
I can't believe how alike your kiddos look! Crazy, huh? So cute. So, really, when are you going to come visit?
Love this post. Alex is a crack up. The cake the Justensens made is so cool! I wish we were that cool! What did we give Joseph for his bday? Eggs!
Adorable kids! Happy birthday Joe!
Post a Comment