Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back Off Sally. I'll Mess You Up!!!

Over Spring Break the kids and I went to Chicago to see J's Family and Alex received quite the education while there. We did things like go to the zoo, the park, the aquarium, and . . . other things like to teach Alex how to be tough. His Uncle Dan taught him that when he gets pushed or called "names" to say, "Back Off Sally! I'll Mess You Up!" And . . . .he says it. And . . . it is hilarious. Thanks Dan.



Here is a photo documentation of Alex's other adventures while there. We had so much fun!

The fun started with a visit from Mana and Papa who drove with me and the kids back to Chicago. Nothing like eating a fresh baked cookie and reading his favorite Little Quack books with his Mana and Papa.
Brookfield Zoo. So fun! The kids and I all squished in kangaroo's pouch for a great photo opp.Alex loves Giraffes, and he really thought this little guy was cool. This was hilarious. The ostrich kept walking back and forth along the fence and Alex followed it saying, "Hi Ostrich, how are you today?"Alex really took to his niece Hailey. While Katherine went in to use the bathroom Alex helped me take care of Hailey by holding her hand. So Sweet.We spent a lot of our time at the zoo here . . . in the monkey house. He absolutely loved watching the monkeys swing from tree to tree. They were quite the performers.Little friends on a big gorilla. On our way out of the zoo. It was a fun filled day.The Shedd Aquarium (Alex and I got to go on our first official Mommy/Son Date and spent the entire day just the two of us in the city. Thanks Mana and Katherine): He was ecstatic to ride the train downtown. Can you tell?His favorite sea animal in all the world is the graceful Sting Ray. He seriously stared at these for hours when we totaled up the many times we went back to this habitat.He was also pretty enthralled by the lobsters. He just plopped himself down on his tummy and intently observed.One of his other fav sea animals is the sea turtle. He said this one's name was 'Crush.' When I was taking this picture a group of high school girls walked by and stopped to oooh and ahh over how adorable Alex is. It made me feel so proud.While there, a lot of the tanks had scuba divers in them feeding fish. He now jabbers on and on saying, "When I'm bigger I'll learn to swim with the fish and be a scuba diver."Back at the train station to go home. He loved seeing all the trains lined up. :O) Katherine and I took the kids to Costco on a little mini adventure and Alex and Hailey decided to provide backrests for each other. Awwwww, I think she likes him. And not to be overlooked . . . our little Rebekah. She seemed to like her Uncle Sammy a lot. Not to downplay her love for Sam, but she is just a lovey dovey little girl. She smiles and talks to everyone. I hope she keeps this attribute. I think it makes people feel good. Hailey tried her darndest to figure out who this little baby creature was in front of her. I just love Hailey and may I say, for the record, Hailey loves me too. :o)I just couldn't go without adding a 4 Month picture of my Rebekah. I can hardly believe she is getting so big so fast. Narly 15 pounds and 25 and some inches long, she is babbling, smiling, laughing, and trying her best to roll over.

5 comments:

Lindsey E said...

Again, you have such a beautiful family! I love the pictures ( I am especially fond of the bow pictures, I tortured my girls with bow headbands, too! They are just too cute not to!) We really need to get together sometime, when it warms up would be great! Call me if you're ever at your parents! Hope to see you soon!
Love ya,
Lindsey

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

What cute kids and such a fun trip. You are a great mom, Heidi!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

What cute kids and such a fun trip. You are a great mom, Heidi!

Sheila said...

What a fun trip. I love these posts, mostly for the HOT pictures of you! Your braids are so cute, I'm totally wearing braids tomorrow.
Rebekah is ADORABLE, I love that she is so smiley to everyone, Jordan is like that and I totally agree with you, it DOES make people feel good. I'm sure it'll stick. She's so cute!

Matt and Valerie said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip to Chicago. It's too bad we weren't able to fit in a spa night or something. :-) Someday we'll see each other again (I hope). :-) And Rebekah is absolutely adorable - can't wait to see her in person.