Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last Year of the Twenties

Hey look! A post all about me. :) I am 29 Years Old!!! We celebrated my birthday yesterday and it was SUCH a great day. I got to wake up to the alarm of my kids instead of my phone alarm. Meaning that I didn't have to get up before them to do my workout. I got to do it later since Joseph was spending the whole day with us. When Rebekah went down for her nap, Joseph took Alex to the church to help with a clean up project while I cleaned my house and exercised WITHOUT feeling guilty that I was neglecting my children. For those who know me, they know that I LOVE a clean house and I like to be the one to do it so it is done right. :) It was sooo great! I later got to take my time in the shower. I took such a long one that I ran out of hot water. It was heaven. Then, we dropped the kiddos off at our good friends, the Hachtman's, house and Joseph and I went to dinner at my favorite place here, Texas Roadhouse. Mmmmmm. Their hot buttery cinnamon butter rolls. Their fall off the bone tender ribs, and their deliciously sweet baked yams loaded with cinnamon butter and brown sugar. AND, NO KIDS TO INTERRUPT my mouth watering 13 million calorie meal. :) On top of it, we were seated by the bar, which I usually don't like, but since there is no smoking in this restaurant and the Iowa vs. Ohio game was on, it was PERFECT! She sat us so I had a screen to watch behind J's head and he had one to watch behind mine. It was fun to cheer and clap with the rest of the Hawykeye fans . . . . even though we lost in overtime to a stinkin field goal. Poo. After dinner, I opened my present from J in the van, because I couldn't wait any longer. He got me this cutest maternity dress ever. It is actually black even though you can't tell in the picture, and it has a little silky belt that you tie above the belly. I LOVE it! It is so nice to have some cute clothes when you are pregnant. Thank you babe. You made my birthday soooo special with all the efforts you made to help me have a relaxing and fun-filled day. I love you. Then, we headed back to the Hachtman's where Ashley J had made me a pumpkin pie and left pretty balloons for me. Thanks Ashley! The last few years I have asked for a pumpkin pie for my b-day vs. cake. It is probably my all time favorite dessert. The kids had fun helping me blow out the candles. Last but not least. My birthday also marked me being 24 Weeks pregnant! It has gone by so fast. I cannot even believe I am over halfway there already. Before I know it this baby will be here and I will be losing my mind. Here is a 24 week shot for all those pesky people out there who just love to see me "grow." :)
P.S. In case you missed it. Check the post below for two cute videos of the kiddies.

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

HEIDI! You look SO good, it's incredible. All that crazy working out in the mornings or something. Hot mama, for sure!

Chelsea said...

Sounds like heaven! Shouldn't we all have birthdays monthly? Happy Birthday!

Aggieland Mom said...

HOT MAMA!! That's all I have to say. Oh and Happy Birthday too!

Unknown said...

YOU look AMAZING!! And I can't believe you are 24 weeks already either. CRAZY!!! I'm glad you had an awesome day!!! I can't believe we didn't go to Texas Roadhouse when you guys were here...it's like in my top three places for sure. YUM!!

Kari said...

YAY for fun relaxing birthdays!! Glad it was a good one for you Heidi and you look awesome too!!! Love your cute prego belly!! Miss you!!

nathan n rachel said...

That was a really cute dress that you wore yesterday! I meant to tell you that.

Happy Birthday Heidi!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! You look great and I love the dress Joe bought you! Who knew he had such great taste in maternity clothes!

Angela said...

Wow, what a fun birthday. Kids are the best, but some time without them, to just do things for you is definitely a birthday treat! I need to remember to ask for that! =) You look so amazing, as everyone else has said!

Sheila said...

EWE I HATE YOU!! YOU LOOK A-MAZING Heidi!! For an almost 30 year old, 24 week pregnant mamma of 2, YOU LOOK SLAMMIN!! Seriously Heidi, I'm not feeling so hot about myself right now. After losing the babe...loosing the weight has been IMPOSSIBLE! I'm seriously having issues (and that makes me even less careful about what I eat). I need to do another contest. Grrr....or maybe I just need to work a little harder.

Anyways, enough about me. Back to your birthday. SO I was thinking that that dress is so cute! You will look great in it and I have to agree, there's nothing like new cute maternity clothes to make you feel "cute" when you don't feel "cute!" (EVEN THOUGH YOU LOOK CUTE!!!!) And Texas Roadhouse is my lil bro's fav. restaurant. I've never been there, but they should pay you for your little review...my mouth is watering!! GLAD you had a FUN DAY!!
LOVE YOU! HAPPY B-DAY!

Sheila said...

OH, and I'm not sure many people would ask to clean their house for their b-day...only my Heidi!!!

Amy said...

you make pregnancy look so good and effortless. ;) happy late b-day by the way.

brandandbrit said...

Happy Birthday! I feel bad that I didn't say anything on Sunday! You look great! So pretty!

Erin said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your hair is so cute...I want that cut. And you are such a cute pregnant mom!

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday! I thought about you on the 14th! You look great!

Kristi said...

What kind of friend am I?? Sorry I missed your birthday. Sounds like you had a great one. You're looking way cute. Glad to see you've kept the short hair cut. Such a diva! Can't believe Rebekah is one today! Isn't it crazy to have a 3 yr old?