Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I Really Really Love Trick-or-Treating

I will go backwards on this post since the best part about the last couple weeks was when on the way home from trick-or-treating for Alex's first time ever, he said in a sing songy dreamy sort of voice . . . "Mommy. I love trick or treating . . . I really really love trick or treating."
Here is our, as he puts it, (insert very scary 2 year old voice) "TYRANNASAURUS REX!!!" And Rebekah got to wear the mouse costume I made for Alex 2 years ago. You can't see the whole thing, but it has little mouse feet and a really long tail and everything. We made it "hers" by adding the little red bow. Couldn't you just eat those squishy little cheeks of hers?!This is Alex with Alex Courtright and Isabelle, two of his buddies. We were still being quarantined during our ward party so we crashed the 4th Ward's Trunk-or-Treat.And another one of Rebekah while trick-or-treating on Halloween from house to house. It was already an hour past her bedtime, so we consoled her with a dum dum. Her first candy. She was in heaven and kindly wanted to share with Daddy every other lick. :) Before this, she was passing the time by chewing on her 4 foot long tail, but eventually got bored with that. Rewind to the Tuesday before Halloween. Pumpkin Carving!!! Alex loved it! He really loved pulling out the guts as seen in this picture. He also loved painting his green pumpkin completely orange. We didn't know until we got it home that it was uncarvable . . . . so we painted it instead, which turned out to be lots of fun!I think his favorite part though was punching out the face pieces after daddy carved them. Cheeese!!This is his "scary pumpkin face." I just thought it was cute. And the final products, minus the painted one. The one A picked for Rebekah had some rotten spots, so we drew a face on it instead. Rewind again to sometime during that week before Halloween . . . playing in the leaves. In my opinion, the BEST thing about fall. Alex has been checking every day without fail waiting for the leaves to fall so he could jump in them and bury himself in them. At last. They fell. This is Alex with our neighbor and cute cute friend Isabelle. She is such a doll and she and Alex had such a blast playing in the leaves together and running around the house a million times. And lastly . . . I couldn't resist. Her FIRST real ponytail. I put one in before a month or more ago, but it fell right out. This one stayed! So cute. I can't wait to be able to do her hair more . . . although, with her temperment and sassy ways I am not entirely sure she will let me. Here's hoping.
And curls, curls curls. Alex had curly hair too, but we had to cut it off when it began to look like a mullet. I can't wait to see how her's turns out in another year or so. Wow. That was a lot of pictures.

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Leaves+your kids= SO CUTE.
Saudades amiga!

Kari said...

Oh my gosh Heidi!!! I LOVE that mouse costume that you made! I totally remember it from Alex and I do love his T-rex costume too. He makes a very cute dinosaur! Can't go wrong with fall leaves pictures too...wish we had bigger trees with more leaves by our house! CUTE cute pics!! oh and I just started putting Madelyn's hair up in a ponytail more often too! Gotta love the battle! Miss you and hope you're feeling well!!

Chelsea said...

You MADE the mouse costume? It looks so professional, look at you!

Aggieland Mom said...

Cute pics! Those little kids of yours are darling. I just want to put my hand into the screen and pinch their cheeks!

Charla and Jarom said...

Love the T-rex! Evan would love that as a costume! I can't believe you made that mouse costume. I just do not have that gene!

Tawnya said...

What a fun Halloween!!! We missed you at the trunk-0r-treat!

Unknown said...

They are great pictures. I may run over right now to play with my grand kids.
Papa

Sheila said...

GREAT POST HEIDI!! Those leaves pics makes me think of the pics me, you and Kari took at BYU. Remember? OH the days...they were fun, but kids are so much better!! Your kids are so cute in their costumes and I love the scary face for pumpkin carving! He's so cute.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

If only I could have your sewing talents! I had never heard of the "family gems"... Joseph's testimony inspired me to put them on our blog. They are great!

Nik and Janelle said...

I love Rebekah's mouse costume...your very talented.