Friday, March 05, 2010

Introducing Our Little Peanut

Baby GIRL Kaitlyn was born March 4th, 2010 at 4:34 pm. This little one has been a complete surprise from start to finish. Surprise! You are pregnant! Surprise! You don't have to be nauseous one single day! Surprise! It's a Girl! (We thought for sure it would be a boy) Surprise! She has a head full of dark dark hair! Surprise! She is only 6 lbs 10.5 ounces and 19.8 inches! (Our first two were both nearly nine pounds and nearly twenty two inches long)

Whose baby is this anyway? If it weren't for her very Miller mouth and cheeks and her very Miller long feet and fingers, I really would wonder.

The only part that isn't a surprise is that we are completely enamored by her sweetness and beauty. We love her little noises and we feel we are holding a little piece of heaven each time we pick her up. Here is photographic proof of her loveliness. :) The birth story to follow for those who, like me, love all the details.

Kaitlyn Cynthia Miller (Kaitlyn because we think it is beautiful and it means, "Pure." Cynthia after her Mana Miller . . . a very very special lady).

Minutes after the birth. That white stuff is vernix. It looks kinda icky, but it makes their skin oooohhh, soooooo, soft. :) Our Spiky Little Peanut.
Bathtime. She liked it.
Hair Hair Hair. So cute.
Daddy in love.
Mommy in love.
Precious Little Peanut.
Her entrance into the world:
9 am: Started the Pitocin on the lowest dose. Dilated to 2
10:30 am: Finally started contracting close together but not very painfully after upping the Pit dose 3 times.
1:00ish pm: Contractions started to be more painful
1:15 pm: Broke my water and upped Pit dose a little later
2:00 pmish: Contractions were getting very painful and very close together. Almost with no breaks
2:45 pm: Epidural in and working. Happiness. Dilated to 4.
4:00 pm: Dilated to a 6.
4:25 pm: Feeling LOTS of painful pressure even with epidural. Checked me again and READY to PUSH! What!? I went from a 6 to complete in 25 minutes?! CRAZY!!
4:34 pm: Kaitlyn was born after pushing through 2 Contractions . . . . so about 4 minutes. She may have been out a minute sooner, but the cord was around her neck, so they had to pause and get it off. She was fine.

I have to say that after this first experience of being induced . . . I LOVED IT!! For me anyway. I know it is different for everyone. I had a good night of sleep the night before which made a huge difference. Everything went smoothly and pretty quickly too. We had a GREAT nurse, Sue, a great resident, Dr. Abel, and of course, our great Doctor, Dr. Hunter. I feel so truly truly blessed to be where we are right now. So, now begins life with 3 children. I will post pics of the kids with Kaitlyn soon. Though Alex was confused as to why his "boy baby" wasn't born, he loves her and says she is soooo cute. Rebekah just stared and wanted to touch her hands. I think we will be okay. Baby steps to mothering 3.

41 comments:

Christina said...

It's about time!! And while I was surprised by the hair and weight and all that other stuff, I was not so surprised by the girl part, even though I wanted her to be a boy. Darn it.

Oriens said...

yay! Congrats Heidi and Joseph!!
Kaitlyn is beautiful! I am loving the dark hair.

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

Congratulations! We are so happy Mom and Kaitlyn are both doing well. She is so adorable! I love the hair!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Yea for a baby girl!

Erin said...

No kidding, hair! How wild that Kaitlyn's features--well, and conception, development, and arrival--were so different from Alex's and Rebekah's! I love the hair. And the vernix shot. And that you're all so happy!

My ob says she tried to tell her babies "six pounds, nine ounces...six pounds, nine ounces" when she was pregnant. She says she considered that the magic weight: big enough to have no problems, small enough to minimize trauma. So you got the magic number, pretty much! :)

Congrats, Heidi and Joseph!

Heather O'Brien said...

YEAH! What a little cutie! I can't get over all that hair! I kinda thought you would have another girl. I am SO SO happy for you guys. And so glad that things went well. Just so sad that I don't get to hold the little cutie. Maybe someday right? She's beautiful. I still can't get over the fact you have 3 kids :). Hope that things are going okay. Miss you.

Kari said...

OH HEIDI she is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a little Angel!!! Love this whole post about how special and sweet she is! I am so happy for you that you had such a great experience!! Congratulations to you guys!! And welcome to parenting of 3!! I love all the hair too!! Reminds me of my babies. :) k, I hope you are home and feeling well and recovering quickly and I can't wait to talk to you!! Yay for another girl!!! and I LOVE the name! Miss you tons!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Coach! What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations!

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, this just MAKES it even BETTER!!! She's beautiful Heidi, uh, I'm smitten!!! now my boys have two sweethearts to choose from!! (I'm sure they are betrothed to many...but we can wish!!) LOVE LOVE LOVE you and soooo happy to get to talk to you Heidi, I've been beaming all day!!

Rebecca said...

She looks beautiful. I especially like the last picture. Good work, guys!

Dave and Abby said...

Yippy! There is nothing so soft as that newborn skin. I'm so excited for your baby #4 to be on the way in about 6 months, right Heidi?

Lindsey E said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE all that dark hair!!! Congratulations! And yes, I love, and impatiently waiting for all the details!! I am so happy for you all!
Love,
Lindsey E

Janee said...

YAY!!!!! A new baby girl. I'm so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so happy you had such a positive experience--yay for epidurals and good nurses and doctors. I love the name too!! And now that you had a smaller baby after two big ones I'm so shooting for induced a day or two early on my next kid :) LOVE you!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on moving on to being a mommy of 3 I'm sure you are doing wonderfully!!!

nathan n rachel said...

Check out that hair!!!!! Glad to hear everything went well. Congrats you two!

Jules said...

Congratulations! She is SO beautiful! Love the name...it's one of Scott's favorites! He pushed for it pretty hard with both of our girls.

And as far as three and the spacing of your little angels....you can do it, you can do it!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful. I love her dark hair. You look fantastic too. I'm so jealous you got a good night's sleep before being induced. I just went into labor with Hannah at 11:30 at night and she wasn't born until 11:30 the next morning.

I love the name Kaitlyn, and Cynthia is perfect. I love Aunt Cindy. You are a fantastic mother! Best of luck in the coming days (and nights). Post pictures when you get a chance.

brandandbrit said...

She is beautiful!

Katherine said...

Look at that SWEET baby!!! Look at that HAIR!!!! Oh, I am so happy for you guys. She is just so sweet!! And has a look all her own!! Cute sweet baby!! Heidi, you are super woman... FOR SURE!!! You are amazing and I have no doubt of your ability and capacity to do the 3 kid thing! I just want to come give you a hug and your sweet little baby!!! Welcome little Kaitlyn! Love the name by the way, and love that she was a girlie!!!

Katherine said...

I LOVE YOU!!! :o)

Sara said...

Another Girl!! How exciting. We are so happy the delivery went so well. What beautiful baby and name. Glad you're ready for 3.

sara and matt

Hilary said...

Parabens! QUE LINDA!

~Kate said...

Congratulations Team Miller! So excited for you!

Katie said...

Yay Yay Yay! Yay for a girl. Yay for a great labor. Yay for everything. She's beautiful. Congratulations.

Boyd and Sarise said...

Congrats you guys!!! Glad everything went smoothly. She's absolutely beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet her.

Andrea said...

Happy that you are all doing well and that girl #2 arrived safely! Congratulations you guys!

Chelsea said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you and she is SO beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

Charla and Jarom said...

Yeah!!!!!! She is soooo very adorable! I love newborn pics! I'm glad your induction went well! Looking forward to more pictures :)

Street Fam said...

Congrats on your newest edition! She is beautiful, and I love the name.

Aline Carson said...

She's beautiful Heidi, Congrats!!!!

Deanna said...

What a beauty! How exciting! Congrats on your sweet baby girl! Such a pretty name... She has the same initials (minus the last one) as our little gal. I am so happy you had such a smooth birth!

Dave and Holly said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

FM Koppe said...

Heidi and Joseph!
Parabéns por mais um bebê LINDO!
Vocês são muito abençoados!

Lembranças da Fernanda do Brasil!;)

Tawnya said...

Congratulations!! She is just beautiful and I love her hair!!!

Edwards Family said...

Congrats!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all that hair! I love the name you chose for her! She is truly blessed to be born to such great parents and family! Good luck with three kids! Miss you guys!

Kristy said...

Congratulations, Heidi! She's beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

Wow, she is really cute! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well!

Martin and Taryn said...

She is so gorgeous! Congratulations you guys! :D

Danny said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations!

Cheyenne said...

What a beautiful baby girl! We are so glad the labor and delivery went great. Hoping everyone is getting a little sleep :) and doing well! - cheyenne robertson and boys

Angela said...

Congratulations! I loved reading about it and look forward to reading more! She is a little doll! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure you will do great with 3!