I just did a post yesterday, but wanted to add pictures from Joseph's 30th Year of Life Party. We can't really call it a birthday because he has technically only had 7 real birthdays and in leap years, he is only 7 1/2 years old. We didn't plan a big bash in case baby came . . . alas . . . no baby yet.
Alex is really into rockets right now and insisted on making Joseph a rocketship cake himself!! The amazing part about this cake is that ALEX DID IT! I did the white frosting and wrote the words of course, but he designed the rocket by guiding my hand around the cake while I helped him squeeze . . . I made the frosting kinda thick so it was hard to squeeze. Oops. Doesn't he look so proud of himself in this picture?? These two boys are peas in a pod. Alex is really into saying things like, "I want daddy to do it because me and daddy are BOYS!! You and Rebekah are girls." Btw, the yellow under the rocket is the fire that comes out when it blasts off. "
Duh mommy."
Blowing out the candles is a family event. I love Joseph's face in this picture.
Joseph was so proud of Alex for drawing this picture of a whale for him. Alex also got Daddy a sleeping bag so they can go camping together. I am not invited.
Joseph really loves to swim for exercise, but since we can't afford a pass to the pool, he would like to try yoga, so Rebekah got him this Bob Harper Yoga DVD. Mommy didn't want him doing his yoga to one of those perfectly thin tight clothed yoga ladies. :) Rebekah supported her in that.
Mommy got Daddy the B.H. Roberts Complete History of the Church. Haven't heard of it?? That's because it isn't in print anymore. If you want a nice set, it is insanely expensive. If you can deal with old and tattered paperbacks, I found this set on Ebay for $22 . . . about $300 less than the other option. Joseph has wanted this forever. I am so good to him . . . but he is better to me.
And though this happened just after Joseph's party, it has absolutely nothing to do with Joseph's birthday. Well, I just had to put it on here anyway. So, Alex always has a runny nose and we make him carry around a tissue so he won't wipe it on his sleeve. Last night, he came up to us with this, Rebekah's hairband, twisted around his head . . . just so . . . and he said, "Look! I don't need a tissue anymore!" Boys are so gross.
Update on Baby #3: Due in 5 days. Have an induction scheduled for this Thursday, the 4th at 8 am . . . if I don't go before then. Checked today. I am progressing. We shall see. 39 Week Belly Shot below. Wish us luck!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Joseph! You're probably my favorite person born on leap year. Here's to 25 more birthdays.
Danny
Happy Birthday, Joseph!!! At least you can get away with not calling yourself 30 (unlike Cory)!
Heidi, you look fabulous! I can't wait to know which gender gets to outnumber the other in your household. :)
Although the headband idea is pretty gross.......he could probably make millions with an idea like that??? Future career?? Inventor?? I'd probably buy some, with all the daycare kids and the snot they pass around, I wouldn't care if they looked like dorks! Good luck again on baby #3 can't wait to hear what and who it is!!
Love ya!
Happpy Birthday! I remember Heidi telling me your bday was on leap year and I just thought it was so cool. So I always think of you on that day.
Post a Comment