Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Four Heroes

This is a really long post, but the video at the end is worth it. :)
Hero One: My Joseph. He has been my confidant, my shoulder to cry on, my strength, and my best buddy during this whole transition. I haven't even been completely on my own yet, since my mom just left on Monday and Joseph is on Spring Break now, but I it is still hard sometimes. He always knows when to talk and when to just listen. I love you Joseph. Thanks for always doing more than you can.

Hero Two:My Alex. He is THE best son and big brother! He shows love and patience with all of us as life is busier and busier with our new addition. He loves his new baby sister to pieces and even in a moment of frustration when no one was available to help him, he looked over at Kaitlyn through his little tears and said, "Ohhh, but isn't she just so cute mommy?!" He is creative and smart and teaches us new things every day.
This was the first time he held Kaitlyn. So sweet. He told us his favorite thing about her was her cute little chinny chin.
My sister sent some costumes and super capes for the kids. The spiderman costume underneath this cape is so loved by this little boy that he wore it under his church clothes a couple of Sundays ago. We were too tired to argue with him. :)
This getup stemmed from his "booger catcher" stylings of a couple weeks ago. The look is now a basketball/football/baseball helmet. It just amazes me what a 3 year old boy can do with a little girl's headband.
Joseph took Alex to the fire station for a tour this week. My mom got him some fire fighter books while she was here and since then, he became obsessed with fire fighting. So Daddy took him to see the real thing and he looooooved it! Does he look happy or what?! They let him turn on the lights and everything. If you ask him, he will tell you exactly what to do when there is a fire. The headband has become something new yet again. It now serves as his fireman mask, the glasses are his fire safety goggles, the backpack is his oxygen tank . . . and then, of course, the fire captain hat to top it all off. He walks around like this all day. Joseph wanted to have a campout with Alex, but nights are still too cold, so they camped in our basement. Joseph set up the tent, they rented the Princess and the Frog, and ate popcorn and fruit snacks and then slept in the tent all night long. You'll notice Alex still has part of his fireman uniform on. He wore it the entire movie! After the movie I asked him what his favorite part was. He replied, "The part when the girl smashes the frog with her book!" He did laugh hysterically that that part. Boys.Hero Three: My Rebekah. She is the sweetest most loveable most intuitive little 15 month old I have known. She has amazed me with her instant love for Kaitlyn, her patience with me as I am busy with the baby, and how happy she has been through this whole thing. She has had a hard time going to sleep lately, which is a first since she was born, but even that has been minor. We think she is either displaying some desire for independance or she just doesn't want to miss out on any action. :) She is always cracking us up with her silly and sweet personality.
The day we brought Kaitlyn home from the hospital. Rebekah was just so curious about this little squeaky thing. Now whenever she hears her cry or squeak, she says, "Date-In!" Her version of Kaitlyn. Rebekah likes to play dress up a lot! Here she is sporting a dragon cape, a hula skirt and her sleeping bag backpack. Darling girl. Oh Grandpa!!! Rebekah is her Grandpa's girl! Where he is she is. The other night when we were having dinner, she would not eat her food for anything . . . very unusual for her. She just kept reaching to get out. As soon as we let her out, she walked right over to Grandpa, reached up to him, and said, "Bampa!!" As soon as she was on his lap, she opened her mouth and said, "Aaaaaaa" signifying she was now ready to eat. Giving her sister some lovey kisses. You may not be able to see it well, but every time she hugs or snuggles Kaitlyn, she gets this same dreamy loving motherly look on her face. It is so sweet and so neat to see a natural motherly instinct in such a young baby girl. I am grateful that these two get to be sisters.

Hero Four: My Kaitlyn. She sleeps well, eats well, and is so calm and peaceful. She tolerates a lot of poking, squishing, slobber, and loves from her siblings. She has a very easy going disposition so far and is just so easy to love. I have really enjoyed her newborn-ness. At her 10 day check, she had regained her birth weight plus a couple of ounces, so she is now just under 7 lbs. I am so proud of my little peanut.
Kaitlyn Cynthia with her Mana . . . her namesake. This is how she spends her days . . . Eat. Eat. Eat. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Poop a lot. More Eating and Sleeping. What a life. My sister sent this hat. I had to get a shot of her in it. What a beauty. Dainty.When she is awake, she loves to look all around very wide eyed like this. I also wanted to include this shot of the kids with all the grandparents. We were lucky enough to have them all here together last Sunday.
I just couldn't go without including this video of Alex and Rebekah. Alex is telling us all about fire safety while Rebekah is trying to stay on two feet while carrying a backpack nearly as heavy as she is. :)

11 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

I love Rebekah stumbling all over the place.

Anonymous said...

I love this post and getting to know your kids personalities. They are so cute! And Kaitlyn is ADORABLE! I love the hair! She reminds me of my babies and then their hair falls out and comes in blondish! I'm glad she is such a good baby, that helps!

brandandbrit said...

Kaitlyn is so beautiful. I love how tiny she is. She definitely looks like her older siblings.

Sheila said...

WHat a great post Heidi. I love what a proud mommy/wife you are. You're family is so lucky and I'm so lucky to have you as a bestie.

Sheila said...

Oh and I have to comment...

1) Your little FIREMAN is HILARIOUS!!

2) That headband CRACKS ME UP!

3) Rebekah is adorable.

4) Kaitlyn...oh sweet girl, she's perfect Heidi, I love her so much. You do such a great job with the bows all matchy-matchy...super cute Heidi. I need to take notes. AND THAT HAT...oh my gosh, I LOVE IT!!!!

Christina said...

Kaitlyn is such a Miller baby that it's crazy. The other two were a lot more Swallow. And in case I forget, remind me that I need to email you something. It's just a bit much to comment on the blog.

Angela and Enrique said...

Heidi she is beautiful!! I love the head full of hair! I can't wait to see her!

Angela said...

What a great post! The pictures are all so adorable! And I love that hat! I want one!!! I hope you're doing well Heidi! It's so sweet to see such three sweet little ones in these pictures, and they're all in the same family. It must make you smile, and cry at times, but smile much more! =)

Robbins Family said...

I love his little "Oh this is my..." comments. He is so cute. All three of them are. We miss you!

Heather O'Brien said...

I miss you guys! Alex is adorable. I just love the way he talks. And his little attire is hillarious! How stinking cute. I love when he says, "it pretechs me". Kaitlyn is beautiful and Rebekah is so big and cute too!

Chelsea said...

Oh Heidi! You are so tough and optimistic! What can I do to help you, you are amazing!