We were able to have a fun weekend preceding the start of school for Alex (despite sickness in the house . . . poor Kaitlyn just can't get rid of this nasty cold)
Our fun started last Thursday when our friends Danny, Anna, Eli, and Jonathan came down from Jersey to see us. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to put on here at the moment. We did have fun with them though. They left on Saturday morning and that afternoon we decided to head to the city again and check out the Air and Space Museum. It is sooo nice to be able to park downtown, AND it was such a gorgeous day. Around 79 Degrees and breezy. Okay, on to the pictures . . .
So ya know. I am using this new way (to me) to do my posts, and it has me do my photo captions underneath the photo, which I don't prefer, but aw well. :) Sooo, explanations of photos are beneath the photos.
 |
| Here we are walking through the Mall in DC. This is where the lawn stretches from the Capital Building to the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Memorial in the middle somewhere. Most if not all of the Smithsonians (all have free admission) are along this Mall. It is a fun place to be. |
 |
| This is in the How Things Fly Room at the Air and Space Museum. By far the kids' favorite. Alex also really loved the flying in space simulators, but the photos were kinda dark, so use your imagination at the glee that was on his face when he felt like he was flying. :) |
 |
| Rebekah loved pushing buttons, climbing under places she wasn't supposed to and turning every knob she could get her hands on. |
 |
| Kaitlyn spent her time being adorable. She turned 6 MONTHS OLD on this day (Sept 4th). Can you believe it?! My baby is eating sweet potatoes and peas along with cereal now. What a dolly. Love her chubba lub. |
 |
| Isn't she edible??!! Now, don't get me wrong. I love all my children equally, but this girl is SUCH a good baby. I have enjoyed her babyness SO much! Maybe this is Heavenly Father's way of "encouraging" me to have more . . . someday. |
 |
| After the Air and Space Museum, we went out to the lawn on the Mall and had a picnic while watching people flying their kites. The kiddos LOVED it! It was such a perfect day. We even made a Squirrel friend which we dubbed The True American. He came right up to us (never seen a squirrel do that before) and wanted our food. I figured a squirrel would like some lettuce from my salad . . . nope, he wanted French Fries . . . True American . .. fast food all the way. :) We got a funny video of it, but I can't get it to load up right. Anyway, too funny. I guess squirrels in DC are friendly. |
 |
| On Monday, Labor Day, we were supposed to go to Harper's Ferry, WV with some people from our ward, but because Kaitlyn worsened with her cold on Sunday, we thought it best not to make the drive and keep her out in the sun all day. Soooo, Joseph took Alex and Rebekah to Brookside Gardens (about 10 minutes from our house). It is a gorgeous botanical garden and they also have a Butterfly House that is AMAZING!! I forgot to give Joseph the camera before they went, so no pictures, but we will go again. He said there were so many butterflies they were landing on you frequently and that the kids were absolutely mesmorized. Definitely a must see WHEN YOU ALL COME VISIT US! Anyway, so after they got back, we made some cookies for Alex and Rebekah's new little neighbor friends. They have two little friends now, Marcus and Amelia. They live two doors down and their mom has a day care in her home. Really great people! |
 |
Rebekah loves cookie dough and cookies more than anything in the whole world.
|
Start of School for Alex
Sept 8 2010
 |
| On our way out the door. We couldn't leave quickly enough. He was jumping out of the door. So excited! |
 |
| Here he is in the hallway outside his classroom where they hang their jackets and/or backpacks. He goes to a 3 Day Half Day Preschool called Aspen Hill Cooperative. It is fun for me too because I get to come in the classroom once or twice a month to help out. |
 |
| Inside his classroom in front of his cubby. He LOVES this! |
 |
| And this is how Rebekah felt about the whole affair. "NO Fair! I want to go to school too!!" Actually she was really upset with me because she wanted to carry around everyone's backpacks. I guess we are bringing her's next time. :) |
 |
| This is when I came to pick him up. I love his cheesy grin in this photo. The lady in the red t-shirt is his Teacher, Mrs. Einhorn. She is SO cool. Alex LOVES her! Also, just to note, the mom in the blue shirt behind Alex holding the little girl is from Brasil and I get to talk to her in Portuguese all the time! I LOVE it! Her son Lucas is in Alex's class and he is Alex's favorite friend so far. Happy School boy. :) |
4 comments:
Love the post! Don't you just LOVE school? Ivy has the same problem with the backpacks. Everytime Ivy sees a picture of Rebekah she points and smiles and says, "Ahh!! Ahh!!" You sound happier, I'm so glad!
Yay for neighbors and friends! Justin started school on the 8th too and was as excited as Alex sounds. Jordan was as sad as Rebekah!! LOL--although he did actually want to stay at school with Justin. Next year won't come fast enough for him I think. BUT, I was loving the time with just Jordan as I'm sure you were with the girls. That butterfly place sounds AWESOME!
I love D.C.! I'm jealous you get to be there and explore. Isn't preschool the bets? It is so nice to see them get excited about learning and making new friends.
Heidi - just wanted to stop and say hi. Your family is so beautiful and precious!
Post a Comment