Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dino Museum - Oct 9 2010

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but a while ago we started a listening chart for Alex to help him learn that listening the first time is important. It has worked so well btw. He gets to choose a family activity once he fills it up. With so much to do two weekends ago, we decided to split forces, so this activity was just Joseph and Alex . . . but Daddy Son time is important, so it's okay right??

They headed out on a Saturday afternoon for the Dinosaur portion of the Museum of Natural History. Joseph said Alex loved it, but from the sounds of it, the Insect Zoo (post below this one) was more of a hit with him.
Not surprising . . . Joseph said his favorite part was running through these bike racks at the train station.

He loved this one . . . 

He loves this guy . . . they are dressed the same. Alex LOVES to dress like his daddy. 

This was another cool part that Alex was intrigued by. I think these were clay models or something. 

I am pretty sure this is the one he was trying to explain to me when he got home as his favorite dinosaur. "Big teeth. Long mouth. Sea dinosaur..."

The T-Rex head. Too cool.

His other favorite . . . hanging on the handrails at the other metro station. :) Boys will be boys. 

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I love that he liked all the things to climb and run around in more than the museum. Who wouldn't??? Sounds like a super fun father/son day!!! You gotta love some daddy time.