Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Fall Fall Fall Fall!!


I love the Fall. Love it with all of my heart. One of the many reasons is pumpkin. Me and pumpkin . . . friends forever!! Pumpkin foods, scents, colors . . . I love it all.

So, I love going to the pumpkin patch. This year we went to Homestead Farms with one of my best friends from college who just moved here . . . Amber!! Speaking of which . . . quick update . . . Amber is not only my college girl, but now . . . my boss. I am watching her cute deliciously chubby little boy, Harrison. We have a lot of fun. I am pretty sure that he is the best 2 year old eater I have ever seen . . . not mention the most fearless 2 year old I have ever seen. Amber, you have one cool kid on your hands. 

Moving on . . . pics are out of order . . . aw well
In the pumpkin patch where we got to literally pick our own pumpkins. Ahhhh, this brought back so many memories of working on a farm doing this very thing when I was in high school. 
When we were picking apples, Rebekah, my bug lover, was way more interested in the bugs crawling all over the rotten apples than in picking fresh ones. She loves bugs. She will go right up to a spider, beetle, anything and try to touch it. 

Me and Rebekah getting an apple

On the hay ride on the way out to the pumpkin patch (see what I mean . .. out of order.)

Harrison and Rebekah decided they needed a break from apple picking

This is when they were first reunited after a year (since we were in Arizona last summer). This will be shown in their wedding slideshow someday. Although, I hope they stop yelling, pushing, and hitting each other by then. :)

Rebekah's other love lately is chickens. She loves them. Chicken is one of her favorite signs to do . . . even though she can say the word as well. 

Cory, Amber's husband, decided to tell us all about how he raised a pig and that they are fun and clean and smart, etc, etc. Thanks Cory, now, after seeing these darling baby pigs, Alex wants a pet pig instead of a pet dog. Our savings jar for a doggy is now entitled The Doggy Piggy jar . . . just in case we decide to get a pig instead. 
  
Also on the way out to the pumpkin patch. I threw this one in there so that you knew that sweet Kaitlyn was with us. :)

Daddy and Alex picking some apples
Isn't she just so delicious?! I love this girly.
Look at the love on her face for that little white pumpkin. Love it. A girl after my own heart. 
 P.S. There are two pretty new posts below this. I did three in two days . . . catching up again. Dino Museum and Insect Zoo are both new.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I LOVE the fall too!! We def. share this love Heidi. And yes, Rebekah is so edible!! I LOVE THAT GIRL!!

Unknown said...

SO FUN THAT WE LIVE IN THE SAME PLACE!!! YAY!!! and Please! I am so NOT your boss--you are just my wonderful awesome amazing friend and the best BABYSITTER ever!!!