Starting with mine . . . I turned 30!! Whahoooo!! It seems like once you are 30, you can hang out with a group of mothers and when they find out your age, instead of receiving looks and comments of "oh, you are sooo young you dear little immature thing," you get a less dramatic response like, "Oh" which is the response I prefer. I love being 30 . . . so far.
My birthday was wonderful. It started off with getting to watch Alex in his very first Primary Program at church all while getting to sit next to my big sis Kim. He was so cute and it was so fun to be at church with my sista. Then, it was nearly ruined by having to teach in Relief Society . .. JUST KIDDING!!! I really do like my calling. Don't judge me. That was actually fun too because my sis Kim also got to be there to see me blubber through the whole lesson. :)
After church I relaxed, chatted with my sis and Joseph, played with the kiddos, Joseph made dinner (he even made homemade bread!!!), my friend and neighbor Tasha surprised me with a birthday cake. She is SUCH a good friend! Before we went and had cake though, Joseph sent me on a scavenger hunt around the house to find riddle clues leading me to each gift. He is THE BEST! Thanks honey for making my day special!
 |
| Me reading my second clue. |
 |
| Finding my last gift. Sensual Amber Lotion from Bath and Body Works. Definitely one of my favorite scents. Other good ones they have that Joseph picked out for me are Black Amethyst and Midnight Pomegranate. Yum. I love yummy smells. |
 |
| After my gift hunt, we headed over to Tasha's for cake and ice cream. I don't know what we are laughing about here. I just love that girl. Thank you Tasha!!! She even made me a RED velvet cake with RED sprinkles because she knows I love RED. |
 |
| And lastly . . . candles. I blew all of them out. I hope my wish comes true. Anyone have a million dollars? |
And because this is for our memories . . .
The Fire Station and The American Indian Museum
Working for the government is awesome. You get soooo many holidays. Joseph had Veteran's Day off, so we spent the morning at the American Indian Museum (a Smithsonian in DC) and in the afternoon Joseph took A and R to one of the local fire stations.
 |
| Unfortunately, the station nearest our house was out on a call and this one was doing training, so they didn't get a good tour, but Alex did think it was cool to watch them work and train with the hoses. Notice he is wearing his fireman uniform. They thought he was pretty darn cool. We think so too. |
 |
| You rock my world Alex. |
 |
| With the "real firemen" as Alex calls them |
 |
| The American Indian Museum was very cool. We only saw about an 8th of it, but they have some pretty neat stuff in there for little kids too. This statue outside the museum was the best photo opp though. |
3 comments:
YAY!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Your shirt is SUPER cute that you're wearing with the 3/4 length sleeves, I LOVE IT!! Great updates and posts, you're really good about writing about everyone, someday you are going to be SO happy you have all this Heidi (I mean, right now you see it everyday, but someday you won't and then you'll get to remember it all!!!) So smart. I guess the prophet was on to something when they told us to keep a journal!!
LOVE YOU HEIDI!!
I have to know...did you cry during your RS lesson?
I too thought of you on our birthday! Glad we're doing this 30-thing juntas! Um grande abraco amiga!
Post a Comment