Monday, November 15, 2010

Update on the Kiddies

Kaitlyn (Buggy, Katybug, Katybuggles)
Buggy, this is what we call her the most because this is what Rebekah calls her, is 8 months old now!! She has three teeth already and the fourth is about to make it's appearance. She is so close to crawling. She is constantly up on her hands and knees rocking back and forth. Mostly she ends up pushing herself backward until she gets stuck, but every once in awhile she will get one knee forward and then lunge for what she wants. She is sitting up all by herself and absolutely refuses any form of baby food. She will mash and gnaw on anything we give her that is not baby food. She does not like drinking a whole bottle at once. A little at a time. Stinker. She is making sounds like babababa, mamamama, dadadadada, and doing lots of raspberries. She laughs easily, smiles always and is the sweetest most easy going baby. She adores her siblings and literally tries to lunge from my arms every time they run past her when we are outside. I cannot get enough of her little squishy sweetness.
This is her "I won't cry. I won't cry. I won't cry." face. Is that not adorable?


This is one of her 6 month pictures. I love this girly. 
Rebekah (Bekah, Bekah Boo, Bekah Janey)
Rebekah will be two a week from tomorrow. She is as spunky as ever. She is talking up a storm and putting sentences together, though broken, they are still sentences. She loves to be the class clown in the family, but pulls out her fake shy card when we are out and about. She loves to be outside getting dirty, playing with bugs and inspecting the world around her. Her favorite thing right now is the moon and the stars. She wants to say goodnight to the moon every night and now has me sing the Moon Song, which to her, is simply Twinkle Twinkle Little Star sung with different words that I make up as I go. :) Her other favs are Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Star. She loves the movie Charlotte's Web and is constantly asking for the Piggy Show. She always has to have her milk in one hand and when I allow it, juice in the other. That girl can wrestle with the best of em and is protective of her mommy. She is a tease. I don't know where she gets it from. If she sees that something she said (or yelled which is usually the case) bothered Harrison, she will do it over and over again because it cracks her up that he is sensitive and cries louder every time she does it. Again, I don't know where she gets that from. She is such a thankful girl. She says Thank you Mommy when I change her diaper, do her hair, wipe her nose, wipe her mouth, etc. She screams when she wants something, but at least she says thank you. :) She adores her bother and says, Good Morning Alex!! every morning. She also adores Buggy and dotes on her all day. She also loves babies . . . a lot. Oh my beautiful Rebekah. I adore you and all your silly crazy wonderful sweet squishyness.
Sweet and a little . . . 

Crazy!!
Alex (Buddy Boo, Big Man, Alex Bo Balex)
Alex will be 4 on Sunday the 21st and he surprises us every day with his attention to detail, his intricate thinking, and his creativeness . . . . not to mention his desire for independence. There are days when I wonder where this 14 year old came from saying, "Mom, I just want them to leave me alone,"  or "Just let me do what I want to do!" He is learning to read and doing very well at it. More so than practicing his reading, he prefers sounding out words in his head and then writing them out. For my birthday, he traced his feet and hands and wrote out his name like this, "Alex Gosof Millr." He does so well and can write both upper and lower case letters. Can you tell I am proud of him?! His biggest passion right now is fire fighting, superheroes, and karate. He still loves animals of all shapes and sizes, especially sea life, but lately he is insisting that instead of a pet dog he wants TWO pet teacup pigs. We shall see. Apparently they are easier to train than dogs. He is very responsible for his age and takes good care of his sisters, always protecting them from harm. He loves to pretend, act out plays, dress in hero, karate, or fire fighting costumes, draw, do simple math, run, play soccer, exercise, be outside, and watch Fireman Sam and The Magic School Bus. Today when I picked him up from school (which he also loves) a little girl in his class named Kennedy, said, "Stupid Alex!!" I heard it and asked him, "What did she say Alex?" He said, "Oh, she just said Stupid Alex. That is just mean old Kennedy. She just isn't happy I think." I was impressed with that reaction. Anyway, Alex, I love you for all you do and are. You are an example to me and my favorite thing about you is that you keep on trying even when it is hard.
This is a train Alex and Joseph built together. With tunnels and everything. Alex also LOVES time with Daddy. In fact, I would say that all the things he loves to do that I listed above are way more fun for him when he is doing them with Daddy.

This is Alex's first story. When I asked him to tell me about his drawings he told me the following story. (From left to right) "There was a big Crocodile named Nile Crocodile Van Head, because his head looks like a van. His name was also Snap. Look I wrote it right here Mommy. S. N. A. P. See? So, Nile Crocodile Van Head Snap was attacked by this scary monster. But then Super Alex came in and rescued Nile Crocodile Van Head Snap! Then End."
P.S. I just did another new post below this one (A Month of Birthdays . .. )

1 comment:

Erin said...

Kaitlyn is adorable. Her "I won't cry face" is seriously cute. I love the age when they can talk and communicate, and even more when they can really express themselves with writing and words. You are a wonderful mom! Happy Belated 30th!