Tree, Temple Lights, and some other Holiday Nonsense
A couple days after we arrived home from Ohio where we spent Thanksgiving (I only took one pic...oops), we turned on the Christmas music, lit the pumpkin and cinnamon candles, and brought out the Christmas decor . . . including our fake and very ugly (but at least we have one) Christmas Tree. I have a thing for real trees. Someday . . . someday. Anyway....
 |
| Alex wrote his very first Wish List this year. He did it all by himself . . .spelling out and writing everything. "Der Santu, Plez Trumpet, Woode Toe (woody toy), Scorf (scarf)." Since he makes his letters pretty big, he asked me to write Santa Claus on the envelope for him . . . he told me how to spell it. :) |
 |
| Alex decided to play with the tree box. |
 |
| Getting more of the decorations on |
 |
| Darling |
 |
| Mesmerized by the lights. |
 |
| My beautiful girl |
 |
| Star |
 |
| They both wanted to do it, so we did it twice |
 |
| The finished product . . . a week or so later. The drawings on the wall are the meanings of different symbols of Christmas. Underneath the drawing is the meaning. And, our annual homemade fireplace. One of Alex's favorite traditions. |
 |
| At the Washington DC Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, they really put on a party during the holidays. Free concerts for an entire month, lights, music, and this . . . an International Creche Exhibit displaying Nativity scenes from all over the world. This is one of a few Brasilian ones. |
 |
| We went several times during the holidays. This particular time we had our friends Mercedes, Odir, Jocelyn, Alejandro, and Nesqi. |
 |
| In front of the temple. So gorgeous! |
 |
| The kids liked this camel . . . it was hard to keep them off of it. |
 |
| And this . . . this is my moon girl. The 500,000 lights, nativity scenes, music, and laughter was no match for the beauty of the moon in this little girl's eyes. She just stood there and stared at it for the longest time. When we left, she cried and sadly said, "No! Moon! Moon!" I said, "Honey, we'll see the moon again." She said, "Okay . . . bye bye moon. I love you." |
We did all sorts of other fun things preceding the days leading up to Christmas as well . . . .
 |
| We played with babies . . . a lot. |
 |
| We decorated our washing machine with the magnetic reindeer that Mana and Papa sent. |
 |
| We made Snowman bread |
 |
| We played super heroes . . . a lot. |
 |
| We read stories on mommy and daddy's bed while dressed as elves. |
 |
| We dipped pretzels in chocolate, added some sprinkles, and ate most of them . . . we gave some away too. |
 |
| We played and tickled each other a lot. |
 |
| We dressed up like Santa Claus and said, "Ho Ho Ho!" |
 |
| We dressed up like Mrs. Claus and said, "Cooooookies!!!!" |
 |
| We also tried to eat some ornaments. We discovered that glitter doesn't taste very good. |
4 comments:
So I just spent quite awhile oohing and ahhhing at your pictures and the narrative that goes with them....all I can say is you have such a BEAUTIFUL family and you are such a wonderful Mommy! Isn't it the hardest but best and most rewarding job in the world? I could go on and on....but I won't.
Love you and miss you!
Lindsey E
What fun ideas! I miss you! I love your home made fire place too!!
SUUPER CUTE HEIDI! I have to say, that top picture of you with the elf hat on is a little scary! Hahahaa, you're such a fun mom!!
Love your updates and your super cute header too!! Looks like you guys had so much fun! You are such a FUN mom as Sheila said! Pretty sure I've been the grouchiest pregnant mom this year. haha. Great pics! Miss you girl!!
Post a Comment