Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tooooooo Smart

I was looking at church shoes for the girls at Target today. While I was trying a pair on Kaitlyn, Rebekah found some fluffy pink Hello Kitty slippers. She promptly put them on her feet and then came over to me and said quite matter-of-factly, "Mommy, see what this tag says...it says, 'Bekah needs to buy these slippers and take them home.' So see mommy...I have to buy them."

I tried my best to take her completely seriously, but inside I was bursting with laughter. I love this girl and her fetish with pretty pink things.

9 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

Holy moly, is she like 16 now? That cracks me up.

Christina said...

I can't believe that she ALREADY has justifications for why she "has to have" something. That's crazy!

Unknown said...

Love it! The same thing happened to me at Target with cars slippers--harrison insisted when I couldn't find rain boots in his size...it was a small consolation I guess. It's annoying that they are getting to the age when they start asking for stuff!!!Miss you!!! Hope you are loving BEAUTIFUL az weather right now (well at least it will be sooN!!)

nathan n rachel said...

That's scary! I was shoe shopping for Hannah yesterday and wondered when the time will come that Hannah gets demanding with clothes.

Sheila said...

Thst is so stinkin cute! Love her!

Liesl Joy said...

That is the cutest thing! If they were on sale I probably would have bought them for sure! She is way too clever for her age! Watch out world!

Lindsey E said...

You are soooo in trouble in a few years!! makes me laugh, little stinker:)

Kim Butler said...

and it begins . . . I miss little Miss Bekah!! Tat is such a cute story.

Stephany said...

Oh my goodness!! How CUTE!! That cracks me up. So did you get her the slippers?