I usually don't do much (if anything) for Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because I was trying to avoid all the other stuff I am behind on or maybe it was because I was trying to ignore the constant yuckies that I am having with this pregnancy....but for whatever reason, I really got into V-Day this year. Since we moved to Arizona, we wanted to be supportive of the local athletics, and since we have a son who is a rattlesnake fanatic and who happens to love baseball as well....the Arizona Diamondbacks seemed like a great team to start with. So, I found matching baseball caps for all of us. I was so excited to give them to everyone that I could hardly sleep. We're ready for baseball season! Alex and I also spent yesterday writing lots and lots and lots of heart shaped love notes to Joseph to hide in every nook and cranny of his shoes, suit, shirt, briefcase, lunchbox, car, and wallet that we could. Rebekah and Kaitlyn helped too and each made him a little valentine person with reasons they love Daddy. We had a fun V-day morning together and the kids and I enjoyed a laid back day...just soakin in all the love. :)
 |
| This is what the breakfast table looked like when they all came downstairs this morning. I made heart shaped pancakes. |
 |
| While they ate, I read the kids their love notes that I stayed up way to late making last night. :) It made them happy, so it was worth it. |
 |
| Alex is checking out his love notes. You can see one of the heart shaped pancakes on the plate. |
 |
| Bekah was weirded out by the food coloring faces on them. She politely said, "Mom, can I please have one without that stuff on it?" :) |
 |
| Alex and Kaitlyn kept their D-backs hats on almost all day. They LOVE them! Rebekah, in true from, refused to wear hers except for in one picture that I took with my phone earlier on. |
 |
| Hidden in their hats was a heart shaped lollipop that I let them have while we snuggled up to Care Bears the Movie. I forgot how weird that was. They liked it though. :) Okay, so Kaitlyn only sat through part of it and that was only because she had a lollipop (her favorite thing), but A and R really liked it. |
 |
| For dinner, I made heart shaped pizzas. I guess Valentine's Day can be fun after all. We had a great day today. |
And now......I AM OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP ON MY BLOG! I am now officially patting myself on the back. There aren't many things that bother me more than feeling behind on anything. There are several other new posts under this one. Enjoy....if you have the time. :) You have to click on Older Posts once you get to the bottom of the page to see them all.
4 comments:
What an adorable valentines day!! I will have to take some of your ideas for next year!
Congratulations on #4! Are you going to find out what you're having?!
What a fun day! You are just the best Mom ever!!I can imagine Alex wearing that hat 24/7.
SUCH A CUTE MOMMY!!! I have been so not motivated lately, not even sure I took even one picture on V-day, how sad!!! Maybe I'll just steal yours and pretend I was a good mom this year!! HAHAHAAA
Post a Comment