I am sure one can guess by my lack of posts that I am taking full advantage of the "pregnant card." It seems like it is quite common to see a big lull in a mom's blogging activity during that pesky first trimester. I, however, took it to the next level. I wasn't willing to give up my first trimester excuse until I was 19 weeks.
So, here goes....I gotta get this thing caught up before I get my ultrasound next week. :)
Back in December we took a weekend and went down to Tucson where Joseph's Grammy lives and spent an exhausting, but fun-filled weekend with Great Grammy, Uncle Bob, and Aunt Dot. I have to say that Joseph's mom's side of the family have got to be the quirkiest (in a good way) and most wonderful people around. I wish everyone could have them in their families. Every time we go to visit them, we have a great time. The kids are in love with them too. What is better than going to a place where everyone there thinks everything you do is awesome, gives you toys and treats, and lets you play with a whole slew of dogs?! They love it! Here are some photos from our adventure:
When we arrived we met Grammy and Bob at a restaurant and had lunch, then headed to Grammy's house to just play and relax. It was such a nice afternoon! The kids had a blast playing with the dogs and showing Grammy and Bob all their tricks. They warmed right up to Grammy and loved giving her lots of hugs and snuggles.
 |
| Check out Grammy's socks. I love that lady. |
 |
| Before we left for the evening to go on our hike and to our hotel, they gave each of the kids an army (Bob is an army guy) hat filled with fun things to do. They were so excited. |
 |
| Then we headed up the canyon about 15 minutes from Grammy's house and went on a gorgeous and chilly hike in the mountains. We absolutely went totally unprepared. Good thing Grammy and Bob gave us those hats! I didn't think it would get that chilly up there. The kids have their walking sticks that I helped them paint last year. They (and I) were in heaven. The mountains are heaven to me. Better than anywhere in my opinion. |
 |
| See what I mean by unprepared. Check out my makeshift hat! Thankfully my son is very stubborn and since we were "Exploring," his Explorer shirt HAD to show and could not be covered by a striped jacket, so I used his jacket as a hat. |
 |
| Too cute. |
 |
| I could eat her. I love this little chica. |
 |
| At the hotel. We tried letting them all fall asleep together in one of the beds.....yeah, that didn't work at all. Kaitlyn was a little party girl and at one point both Alex and Rebekah got frustrated and said, "Kaitlyn! Just let us sleep!" |
 |
| On Sunday morning, we attempted to go to church, but ended up being 30 minutes late because on line it told us it started at 9 am.....it started at 8:30. So much for that. So, we changed the kids in the car and let them play in the dirt by the church for a while before we headed back over to Great Grammy's. |
 |
| So cute in their cowboy hats. Thanks Grandpa Swallow. We LOVE our hats! |
After letting them run for a bit, we headed back over to Grammy's and played until late afternoon. I think we wore Grammy (and ourselves) out.
 |
| Rebekah loving checking out Uncle Bob's IPad |
 |
| And she thought all the dog toys were snuggly stuffed animals for her. |
 |
| Two of Uncle Bob's dogs are named Chuck and Betty. |
 |
| That's Betty |
 |
| This day was extra fun because Aunt Dot came over . . . and when Aunt Dot is there, the party starts. The kids LOVE her. She (as you can see) gets right down to their level and plays hard the entire time she is with us. It's pretty fun to watch. |
 |
| She kept telling Alex, "Go over with the guys....this is girl power over here!" That, of course only egged him on to tease her more. |
 |
| I like how Alex is flexing in the background. |
 |
| Time for goodbyes. |
 |
| We love you Grammy, Bob, and Dot!! |
1 comment:
It's so awesome you have some of Joseph's family there! The kids are so dang cute in their cowboy hats, in the bed at the hotel and with their walking sticks! I love that Alex was willing to go without his jacket just so his explorer shirt would show. And you're right, Kaitlyn is just adorable, just save a bite of her for me!
Post a Comment