Monday, May 07, 2012

Easter....Ummm....A Lot Late

We had a very low key Easter. Fun though...Alex was gone until Saturday night right before Easter on a little vacation to San Diego with his cousin Evan (pictures to come if Charla EVER gets them to me!!) ;P Just kidding Charla. :)  Anyway, we did miss having him here for egg dying, but he got to be here for the other stuff. :)
Rebekah loooooooves helping me in the kitchen, so hard boiling the eggs was a good time.  Don't mind my robe....
 
The girls absolutely loved dying the eggs. It was so cute. 


She seems so grown up in this picture. 




Sooooo, I am cheap in some ways I guess...or lazy.  Anyway, our Easter baskets got totally smashed in the move and  I went to buy more, but they are stinkin expensive. So, I got out their Halloween pumpkins and covered them with some construction paper and stickers and Wa La! The kids were thrilled. :)




  



We don't do a whole lot for Easter Baskets. Joseph puts a chocolate bunny in there because that was always his favorite thing as a kid. I put Reeses Peanut Butter eggs because that was my favorite thing, and then we fill a few plastic eggs with Goldfish and HoneyCombs. :) You can guess why. :) There is always some sort of Easter Egg hunt, so they get their fill of other Easter Candy there.

Aaaaand the Easter Egg Hunt at a friends house in our ward. She is so good to do this for the kiddos. They had a blast.



  

3 comments:

Liesl Joy said...

You are so funny! My kids feel sorry for your kids getting cereal and fishes in their eggs! Ha! You would probably disown me as a sister if you knew how much crap I put in their baskets though! Totally shameful! I should have started off like you when they were young. Oh, the mistakes I've made! It looks like so much fun, and I can't wait to hear about Alex's trip.

Tawnya said...

love the pumpkin-baskets!

Stephany said...

Wow! You are so frugal, Heidi! I would've totally bought the baskets. I need to work on that! Your baskets turned out SO cute! I loved dying eggs with my girls when they were little. So fun!!