Monday, May 21, 2012

Sabbath Day Highlights

Since the Sabbath Day is supposed to be a day of rest and love and family happiness, I thought I'd share our highlights of today...

It started off being a pretty nice morning actually. Alex actually did not complain about going to church. But then...

*Joseph was called, "meanest Daddy ever," on our way out the door by both Alex and Rebekah.

*After church, Rebekah spent about 95% of our remaining hours before bedtime....crying and screaming and hitting and throwing and yelling.

*Rebekah told me, "I hate you," for the first (and probably not the last) time. I don't even think she knows what that means. It didn't hurt my feelings...but it did catch me off guard. Aren't they supposed to do that when they are 14? Not 3?

*Rebekah was so tired she fell asleep at the dinner table, and after nearly falling off her chair and then waking up, threw yet another fit because she did not want her spaghetti cut up.

*Kaitlyn inhaled (literally) her spaghetti with such vigor that I actually had to get the infant snot sucker out to get all the pieces of noodles out of her NOSE! Gross. I pulled out a lot of noodles from that tiny little nose.

*At one point Joseph and I had both completely lost it to such a level that we both burst out laughing while Kaitlyn and Rebekah were screaming about something else insignificant, I was on my hands and knees peeling up saucy noodles off the floor, and Alex was laughing that we were laughing. It was a mad house . . . but . . . we all made it through without any permanent scars and our lovely children are....ASLEEP. Sigh.....

4 comments:

Christina said...

By the end of every Sunday, I'm convinced that I want to go inactive. It's the flatout worst day of the week EVERY week and the effects of messed up naptime carry over into Monday, too. I now look forward to General Conference (and staying home so kids can sleep when needed!) even more thatn I used to. Sigh.

Rachel Culmer said...

I am terrified for the day that I hear the words "I hate you." I'm glad it didn't hurt your feelings though.

Sunday's are rough.

Sheila said...

Oh. Man. it's like a snapshot into our home. It's funny b/c Jeff just recently gave a talk about the Sabbath Day...we're working on it over here. And by the way...I LOVED reading all your comments on my blog, kept me smiling all day long! LOVE YOU!!

Stephany said...

What a fun day!! :0)