Beginning from Friday the 29th of June . . . Joseph did his Relay For Life event and it was wonderful. When they had the survivors walk that first lap and with everyone clapping and music playing I was quite teary-eyed thinking about how grateful I am that Joseph did survive. It was an emotional event for both of us and an exhausting one for Joseph. We arrived at about 5 pm and then Alex and I left at 7pm, but Joseph stayed until 6 the next morning with no sleep. He came home and slept for maybe 1 1/2 hours and then at 2 that afternoon we moved everything out of our apartment (Move #1). Here are a couple of pictures from the event. The two other survivors with him are members of our ward and good friends.



We then parked our UHaul in our friends' driveway until Monday morning when we pulled it out at 3:50 am to arrive in Iowa at 8 am to unload the truck (move #2) into our little duplex and turn right around and leave it there for a month while we headed back to Chicago to stay for the remainder of July.
Another big event that happened on the 29th was that Alex (at 7 months) finally got his 1st Tooth! It isn't sticking up very far yet, but it is so fun to see him change everyday.
The last thing we'd like to share is our son's finest talent. Balancing both feet on one of Daddy's hands . . . . here he is!!! 

2 comments:
Wow! Balancing on Daddy's hands is pretty impressive. I don't think I could do that kind of balancing now (even if someone could hold me up with one hand). Which makes me think, Joe, that arm must be pretty strong. That kid is getting heavy!
I am glad that you all survived your moves. That sounds rough, but it is probably nice to have it over with.
Joe, I am glad that you did the relay. Looks like it was a good experience!
first, joe miller, you are still my hero. Second you are married!! and finally your a dad! now your baldness is more fitting...tee hee
Post a Comment