Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pig Dinner

Let me explain . . . you see Joseph and I have some crazy friends, and I do mean that in the most endearing way, who have a family tradition of having Pig Dinners. When you hear it, you think, "Oh, so you eat pork right?" WRONG. You eat LIKE a pig . . . and boy is it LIBERATING! In all the time we've known Matt and Valerie, we had not yet had a pig dinner with them and so before we moved to Iowa we had to do it, and here is how it went . . . You eat out of troughs and once your food is dished into your trough . . . NO HANDS or UTENSILS!! Just your face. Here are the before and afters . . . SO FUN!!!!!!!!



So, would you do it?????? ;o)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Joseph wins for having the most stuff on his face after the meal.

Danny

Anna said...

Of course we would do it! (Right Danny?!) Where did they get those troughs?

Heidi Miller said...

We are planning on making some troughs this next week before we move to Iowa, so we are hoping WHEN you come to visit (we figure you will enough motivation since Alex and Sarah will be there) we can have one with you guys! :o) Oh and the trough's are just 4 pieces of wood nailed together (2 square and two rectangle) and then they cover them with foil each time they use them.

BeantownFam said...

How funny!! I'm going to Home Depot asap to make our family troughs.... You guys look great!

Sheila said...

This looks like sooo much fun to me! I'm not sure if Jeff would do it or not...I'll have to ask. Count me in for next time Val!

Heidi Miller said...

Yeah . . . I knew I loved our friends!!

Stacy said...

WHAT THE CRAP!? That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! Um... that looks like me even without eating from a trough... especially on a bad day since I'm an emotional eater!!! Teeheehee. We will have to do that sometime! How funny!

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun! My favorite part is that they actually have little wooden troughs to eat out of- Ha!

Sarah said...

And PS, yes! I would (and will) totally do it! Fun!