Monday, October 15, 2007

Punkin Patch

On Friday we went to Autumn Joy Farm . . . a Punkin Patch! It was a bit of a drive(out near Kalona), but it was so worth it! We went with the Courtrights and had a total blast! It was cheap for the pumpkins too! They not only have great pumpkins, but they have a huge corn pit to play in with the kids and two goats and a pig for the kids to pet. The goats were cute, the pig was pretty gross. :o) I think our favorite part and Alex's favorite part was the corn pit. You'd never guess it, but swimming around in corn feels pretty cool! I just love the fall!
The AWESOME corn pit. As you can see, little Alex was concentrating really hard and big Alex was just plain having a blast! :o) My little punkin . . . isn't his outfit cute?!?! Thanks Michelle!
The family. As you can see the pumpkins in the patch were pretty picked over. There were a whole bunch of really nice ones up at the barn though.





4 comments:

Stacy said...

How fun! We are planning on going to one here pretty soon! I know Eden is going on a pumpkin patch field trip on the 26th which I'm going on as well! That corn pool is pretty cool! I'm sure the corn could hide in some serious nooks and crannies! :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh! HOW FUN! I wish we could have come with you to swim in the corn pit!!!

Stacy said...

Oh man! I just saw your invite for dinner during Gen. Conf. weekend... We would have taken you up on it! Crap!

Drea said...

HEIDI!! Hey pretty lady! I found you through Sheila's blog! I'm adding you to our list of friends on our blog: www.jasonanddrea.blogspot.com Your fam is so cute! How is Iowa treating you guys?? love ya!