Sunday, October 28, 2007

Miracle's Have Not Ceased!

So sometime in September I called my mom and this was our conversation:
H:"Hi, Mom, how are you?"

M:"Great, how are you?"

H:"I'm good. I was just calling because I am at the fabric store looking for a pattern so that I can make Alex's Halloween costume."

DEEP INTAKE OF BREATH FROM MOM

M:"Oh. my. goodness. I think I have just died and gone to heaven. Did my Heidi just say she actually wants to sew!?!?!?!?!"

H:"Yes, but I am here and I found a pattern, but I have NO IDEA what any of this mumbo jumbo on the back means. I don't even know where to start or what to buy."

M:"Heidi, if you are willing to sew, I will buy everything and bring it to you and teach you how."

H:"COOL! When can you come!?"
So, anyway, you can see that my mother, never in a million years, thought I would ever even dream of sewing. That is the first miracle. The second is that I actually did it(with oodles of help from my mom). The third is that I actually enjoyed it!! I can't wait to learn more and sew something else!

Here is the outcome:


The pictures above are from our Ward Halloween Party on Saturday. If you can't tell, we were a dog, cat, and mouse. I could hardly believe that Alex actually wore the mouse hat I made him. He was such a cute little chubby mouse! He mostly wanted to play with his 3 foot long tail! We had such a blast at the party! It was so much fun to see all of the cute ideas people came up with. Here are some more photos from the party.

8 comments:

Danny said...

WOW. The costume looks great! You are on the way to becoming a great seamstress! And I think of the three of you in the family shot, Joseph looks the silliest. Is he a cow or an albino leopard?

esmiley said...

You really did a fabulous job on the costume. If this is your "starter" sewing project...then I can't imagine what other great things you'll be creating!

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

Great job on the Costume. It is so cute. You can always do anything!!

Jen said...

I am so impressed! I would have never guessed you didn't know how to sew! The costumes looks amazing! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the costume! Alex looks so squishy and cuddly in it! You look so cute too! Did you color your hair or is it just the lighting? Anyway, what fun. I can't wait to dress up my babies on Wednesday!

Drea said...

oh my goodness! You are THE WOMAN! You guys look so cute!

Sheila said...

OK Heidi, you DEFINATELY win MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD from the Capell's. Jeff and I both agree how cute your families costumes are...especially the "Dog chases the cat, the cat chases the mouse" soooo funny! Oh, and by the way, YOU LOOK HOT!!! I would totally chase you too!

Sheila said...

P.S. AWESOME job on Alex's costume...it totally over-exceeded my expectations. I'm sure your dear mother had a BLAST doing it with you.