Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I'M A FISHER-MAN!!!"

On Saturday, Joseph, Alex, and I went fishing! Joseph's friend Alex has been teaching Joseph how to fish, and daddy decided it was high time his son learned too. Since Joseph is the only one with a pole, he made one for Alex out of my craft stick, some yarn, and a little fishy lure. Alex LOVED it! He loved his fishing pole and he loved helping daddy use the big pole. We caught a big bass and a baby bass. The lure Joseph was using was in the shape of a little fish, so everytime he and Alex brought it out of the water to re-cast, Alex would say, "I catch a fish Daddy!" The two times they caught real fish, Alex kinda got a little skittish around them. I don't think he liked how they flipped and flailed around so much. He kept his distance and refused to touch them.
We finished the fishin' trip with some good healthy rock throwing. Alex tried to find the biggest rocks he could and chucked them into the river. We were all muddy when we came home, but it was the best thing we have ever done as a family. We had beautiful weather and when we got home Alex, said, "I'm a FISHER-MAN Daddy!"
Here is a little slideshow of the pictures of the day. I just couldn't choose between them, so I put them all on here.

2 comments:

JMM said...

Honey, that was a great slide show and post. I shouldn't have watched it while I was supposed to be studying.

Birding in Iowa said...

That totally just made my day. :) The pictures are great. Good luck on the next fishing trip as well.