THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: The Joseph and Heidi Miller family will be spending the summer of 2009 (and hopefully much longer than that starting in 2010) in Sunny Arizona!!!!!!!!!~For those who don't know, Joseph is in his second year of law school, which means he has one summer left before graduating. He has accepted a GREAT offer as a summer associate with a wonderful firm in Phoenix called Snell and Wilmer and we couldn't be more thrilled! He was super impressed with not only their practice, but the opportunities they provide and with the people he met while there. I have to admit I was a little jealous that when he received the offer, he was more giddy than when I told him I was pregnant. :o) Anyway, so to all of our Phoenix friends and family . . . here we come! We can't wait to be closer to you!
The only downside I can see is that we won't be able to hunt camel anymore. Apparently it's illegal in Arizona. Shucks! Seriously, it is a little fun fact about Arizona . . . here are a few more:
- The name Arizona comes from the Indian "Arizonac" which means "little spring".
- Phoenix averages 211 days of sunshine per year. An additional 85 days per year are only partly cloudy, leaving an average of 69 days of cloudy or rainy days.
- A saguaro cactus will take between 50 and 100 years to grow an arm. The saguaro cactus flower is the official state flower of Arizona.
- There are 11.2 million acres of National Forest in Arizona and one fourth of the state is forested. The largest forest is comprised of Ponderosa Pine.
- Someone who lives in Arizona is referred to as an "Arizonan."
Here's to becoming an ARIZONAN!!
15 comments:
Parabens!
I seriously NEVER...EVER would have thought that once you were an Iowan again you'd be leaving. I just see you as a little snowbunny and Arizona is so NOT snowbunny-ish!! lol! I'm SO excited that Joseph is so giddy about this, and I know that you are up for anything and I'm thrilled to death for you guys!! Who knows, maybe we'll wind up there with ya!! We get to start looking/applying for jobs THIS MONTH!! AHHHHHHHH!
The Coloradans are sad you're not going to be here...but CONGRATULATIONS to Joseph. Taylor says Snell and Wilmer is a really great firm. Maybe we'll come visit you when we're surrounded by 8 feet of snow next year.
Congrats! Glad you guys found a place that fits you!Very Exciting!
Yeah! Where are you going to be living? We can hang out again!!!!!!
Congrats!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your winters in sunny Arizona!
THERE IS NO WAY WE HAVE 69 "CLOUDY OR RAINY" days a year!! Someone must have been taking a LOT of license in their definition of "cloudy" ...just kidding...AZ is wonderful and I know you guys are going to love it out here!!! and of course we are SO SO SO SO SO excited at the prospect of having you nearby!!! YAY!!!
Just for the record . . . I have no idea how reliable the website is that I got these "facts" from.
Hey! Congrats, Joseph Michael Miller! Hooray! That is fantastic. I'll wait to hear about your adventures in the hot, hot land.
Does that mean you're leaving me in the Midwest forever? :(
YAY! It will be rough starting it out during those summer months, but the rest of the year makes it worth it!! I'm so excited for you guys, and for us to be able to see you. Even though we don't live there, we definitely visit a ton as opposed to our never visits to Iowa. Congrats!
congrats on the exciting new chapter in your lives!!!!
Yeah your moving at least a little bit closer to us!! you look great and congrats again on the upcoming addition! saudades amiga- mil beijos e uma grande abraco!
YEAH!!! That's so exciting. So happy for you guys that you'll get nice hot weather! So weird too how soon that is coming :)
That's exciting news! I bet it feels nice to know where you'll be for awhile.
Also for the record I think you're one terrific looking Wildebeast!
Seriously!? That is awesome. We'll totally show you around the PHX. Can't wait for you to come out here. What other family do you have out here besides your three nephews (that sounds weired).
Post a Comment