Friday, January 01, 2010

Best One So Far

I may end up saying this again someday, but for now, this was the best Christmas so far. I would call it magical . . . even with the puking and fits fromt the kids . . . it was still magical. :) It started with my brother Nate and his AMAZING girlfriend Mia coming to visit us for two days. Unfortunately I didn't any pics of them while they were here. Nate . . . send me some please??!! :) Then, Joseph's parent's (Mana and Papa) came and spent about 3 1/2 days with us including Christmas Eve and morning, which is what made this Christmas magical. There is just nothing quite like having grandparents around during this special time of year. Alex was in heaven and got so overly excited that he could neither eat nor sleep and even threw up in their van. Sorry Mana!! :) Here are some pics.

Mana noticed that Rebekah loved pulling all the bows off of the packages under the tree and so went out and bought a whole bag just for her to playw with. She was enthralled. :) Mana . . . you rock!Bow Bum.The day Alex threw up in Mana's van out of pure excitement (and perhaps a mother who stuffed his yogurt down him too fast) was just too exhausting for him . . . Daddy conked out too. I love my boys.Making some seriously amazing "Alex and Papa Style" (meaning loaded with chocolate chips and candy) cowboy cookies for Santa Claus. He loves making things with Mana.Our newest tradition is to do personal pizzas on Christmas Eve. This was so fun and turned out so great! A fun way to get the kiddos involved in dinner too!We also decided to start acting out the Nativity. This was so neat for us and something we really loved to do . . . even though, Alex refused to weared his costume since we had to wake him up for the activity. After he shouted at us to stop singing, it was a candy cane that got him through without any more complaints. :)One of the best parts was that Alex insisted that Santa not only preferred Hot Chocolate over milk with his cookies, but that he also needed a small chair to sit in while he ate his cookies and drank his hot chocolate. Oh, and I can't forget the part where I put the chair TOO close to the table. "Mommy, Santa's feet are fat. He needs room to put them!" I love this kid. Finally . . . Santa came and loaded up the stockings with joyful goodies. Do you like our homemade fireplace by Joseph? This is the 3rd year we have done this. So fun!
I didn't take many pictures Christmas morning, but it was a great morning seeing Alex's eyes grow wide as he saw that Santa had drank his hot chocolate and eaten his cookies. Seeing the kids get excited over their presents, etc. On Christmas Day we went to my parent's house for a few days where I had lots of family in town. It was so wonderful to be with so much family during this special time of year and especially for our kids to see how important and loving our family is.
Other events over Christmas include . . . me hitting my 30 week mark and Rebekah WALKING!!! The best part of her walking is that half the time she only falls because she insists on dancing while she walks. Silly girl. I tried get her dance/walk on video, but she was too focused on the camera. I will try again to capture it and put that video on later. For now, here is my 30 week belly for interested parties.

9 comments:

Kari said...

Heidi!! You look beautiful!!Love your cute belly!! I love how you ALL dressed up to act out the nativity too! Haha! Great pictures! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope to get around to posting our Christmas pics soon. Happy New Year! Miss you! Love you!

nathan n rachel said...

I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with family. It looks like you guys had a good one.

Sheila said...

Merry Christmas Heidi!! Wow, I seriously have only wanted to check a few people's blogs lately and you are def. one of them. You know what I mean? Like there's the friends that post and you glance...and then there's the friends that post and you indulge?? Anyways, you are def. not a glance by blog (obviously) and I am so happy that you are still one of my besties (even being so far away). I love you Heidi. My hearts pretty tender right now...I think I'm going through another stage of the whole "process" of not having our baby here next month. I guess I didn't think it would be so hard and that I had kinda moved on...but it's been really hard this past week for me. Kristin Hinson just had her baby and I always knew I was right after her...I guess your mind hangs on to things like that. Anyways, this is so not about me, but about HOW HAPPY I am for you! A) because you are 30 WEEKS!! I can't believe it is getting really close!! B) because you look like 10 times better than me and you are 30 WEEKS PREGNANT!! You are SOO CUTE!!! Seriously, CUTE CUTE CUTE! and C)Your Christmas sounded absolutely 'magical'! I can totally relate your JOY that you feel. I look at my life and JUST LOVE IT!! Your nativity looked SO GREAT! I was just telling Kari this year that we're going to have to do that next year with the cousins!!! LOVE YOU SWEETHEART!

Sheila said...

Whoa--maybe I should have just sent you an email!!! lol!

Unknown said...

HEIDI!!! First of all I love the family pictures!! You guys are just adorable!! And I love the butt bow. I did the same thing to Harrison some time and just found myself hilarious. That is SO fun that Rebecca is walking!!!! CRAZY how fast it goes by!!! And you look BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already!! Has it really been that long since we were all in California??? I love the blog updates and hearing about all the fun Christmas stuff. I can't wait until Harrison is a little older and really gets into it. Even just having him a tiny bit excited was awesome so I know it just gets better and better. And Sheila I love you and I'm thinking of you!!! I know you will get through this hard patch with flying colors!!!! You are an amazing wonderful person and great mommy!!!

Martin and Taryn said...

You look so stinkin' cute! I hope you are feeling as good as you look. :D

Kristi said...

Love all the pics. I have to admit that this was probably our best Christmas ever too. Mostly because we were at our own place and didn't have to figure out how to pack all our newly acquired gifts into an already bulging suitcase to then haul across the country on an airplane. Austin showed way more excitement than Julia, which really surprised us but was super fun.

Heather O'Brien said...

I've been reading your blog forever! You guys are so cute. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. We did alot of the same things. LOVED LOVED LOVED your cute card. And you look so darn great. Seriously! You are super woman with those cakes and birthday festivities. Miss you! P.S. That table is awesome! He did a great job on it. (gosh, I am just rambling all over the place. ha ha.)

Charla and Jarom said...

Aren't you so glad you have Alex around to keep you on your toes :) You look awesome!