Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunbeam and Walking Tall

Alex started SUNBEAMS on Sunday!! I can hardly even believe it. He is just growing up so fast. He LOVED it! He walked out of the room on Sunday with this cute "I am a Child of God" king's crown on and two papers. One paper was something to color with us at home and the other was made by his teachers and is so special and something we will keep forever. Earlier in the week, his teachers had emailed us to ask us three special characteristics of our Sunbeam. They took those three things and made this cute certificate that says, "Alex Is A Child of God." Then, underneath that it has those three things we sent to them with the words Heavenly Father knows in front of each point. In other words, for Alex it was, "Heavenly Father knows that Alex is kind to others . . . that Alex is smart and knows lots of good things . . . and that Alex is his mom's biggest helper and always loves to help and do things for other people." So cute. He has the best teachers ever.

I forgot to take a picture of him with his stuff in his Sunday clothes, but here is one of him proudly displaying his accomplishments for me this morning. And yes, he is wearing shorts and yes, it is freezing outside. This kid belongs in Arizona. He asks to wear shorts every day.
I had to include this picture too. He is SO excited that he knows how to use the mouse now and can play pbs kids learning games on my computer. Notice he has two capes on. He had to have two. One just wasn't doin' the job for this super flyer. He wore these from morning until just before dinner. I love little boys!
And Rebekah! Here is a video of her walking tall and being her silly silly self. There are also some sweet wrestling moves from both Alex and Rebekah in the first video. She loves to wrestle. The second video is because I just couldn't resist her cuteness today. She folds her arms for prayer now. I love it! The folding arms happens at the beginning of the video. Feel free to watch the whole thing, but the folding arms is what you have to see. If you watch the entire thing, you will hear me trying to get her to say her words. She picks up new ones a lot! I think she knows about 12 now, her favorites being, kitty, doggy, HI, Daddy, hide, and Uh-Oh. Love her!

2 comments:

JMM said...

What a great post Honey! The videos were crack-ups. I'm so grateful for these beautiful kids and for a beautiful wife who doesn't miss the important things in life.

Sheila said...

These are great videos Heidi! Did you know I'm a Sunbeam teacher?? Alex would LOVE my class! We have so much fun every week...which reminds me, I better plan my lesson!!! Just wishing Joseph would take that camera sometimes to give you some camera time! I miss your belly!!! (and your face!)