Friday, February 19, 2010

Around Our House

We do lots of things to make the cold days pass quickly and to try to be creative. Some days this includes lots of shows . . . but we also really try to do learning things each day. Sometimes Alex has the ideas, sometimes Joseph has the ideas and other times I steal the ideas from my mom.
This one was Alex's idea. I told him what a dinner bell was a few weeks ago and how my grandpa had one on his farm to call everyone in from the fields for dinner. Well today he got out this spoon and pot lid and started banging/ringing it and yelling, "Dinner is Ready!!!" He then said we needed to hang it on this lamp post so that when it was dinner time he could ring it so everyone would come to dinner right away. So we did. This was a Joseph genius. He wanted to teach a Family Home Evening lesson about geneology since he and I have been working on ours together each week. So, he made this poster and told a very cute story for kids. Alex really likes having it up, so there it remains. My husband is so cool.
This is one I stole from my mom. Pine Cone Peanut Butter Bird Feeders. We slathered pb all over some pine cones and then rolled them in bird seed, then hung them outside on our shed. He loved it and now we watch out our windows for little birdies to come eat the food. Okay, so I can come up with things on my own as long as they are limited to playing dress up. Rebekah's all time FAVORITE activity. She loves when I put ALL of her headbands and ALL of her bows all over her head. She loves it even more when I add a cape or gown of some sort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUCH FUN IDEAS!!! I need some of those since it's seems to be getting too HOT already to be outside....sheesh!!! Harrison also loves to have a dish towel tied around him and he runs around playing superhero--with his sippy cup of course. Our kids are so alike :) This is amber by the way...my computer is being lame and I had to post anonymous....MISS YOU!!!

Charla and Jarom said...

Oh I don't know what I would do if I had to stay inside so much :) I spend my days looking for places to go and to take Evan :) If we're not out of the house by ten Evan starts asking me, Where are we going? That Alex he cracks me up. And I just cannot believe how big Rebekah is!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

What fun activities! You are such a creative mom.

Sheila said...

ummmmmmmmm, your kids are a riot! I Love Alexs' little brain!! He's a smarty!! Very creative Heidi, I'm super impressed with all of these fun ideas!! I'm pretty sure make-believe is one of my favorite things. I love imaginations!!! YOU are sucha good mommy!!!