So, I am not really into Valentine's Day. In an effort to be a little less boring this year, I took my friend's advice and did a family candlelight dinner. I made the kids' favorite . . . spaghetti, corn, and homemade breadsticks. It was fun and didn't cost extra and didn't take much planning. Perfect. Alex loved it, but Rebekah was mostly just annoyed that she wasn't allowed to play with the burning candles. Aw well. I think we will do it again next year. She will understand eventually. :)
The person who really made our valentine's day, though, was our adorable friend Janee. She is a fellow law student in Joseph's class and is a very dear friend to me too. Love her! Anyway, we invited her for dinner since her boyfriend lives out east and Alex needed a valentine. :) Don't worry, Dorian, Alex is only 3. You don't need to worry too much. She brought gifts galore for the kids and a pumpkin cake and ice cream for us. She knows pumpkin is my favorite thing. Thanks Janee for making our Valentine's Day so special. We sure do love you!
Here we are opening Rebekah's gifts. She got the kids matching doggies, since she knew they had special matching kittys already.

Among other things, she got Alex a fish movie since she knows he loves sea life. And pictured is the valentine card he made for her . . . which she promptly went home and put on her fridge. You are too cute Janee.
2 comments:
Rebekah's faces in these pictures are hilarious! Love it!
When I'm a mommy I want to be just like you! :)
Post a Comment