I guess it's time to have another one..... JUST KIDDING!
Happy Birthday Kaitlyn Girl. This year we got to celebrate you twice since Aunty Kim couldn't come until 2 days after your actual birthday for your party. On your birthday we gave you our lame gift of new sippy cups and then we let you have your first ice cream cone. You fell in love at first lick. Then, two days later we had your Aunt Kim, Uncle Joe, and cousins, Justin, Courtney, Jayden, Tilly, Megan, and Sarah come over for a celebration in your honor. We missed Jason . . . party pooper. :) Before we move onto pictures, I wanted to write some things I hope I always remember about you (but probably won't which is why I am writing them down). :)
You are sweet sweet sweet . . . and just a tad spicy. Every time I get you up in the morning or from a nap, you throw your little arms around me and plant a big open mouth kiss right on my cheek, or nose, or neck, or whatever is closest. While you do this you sort of purr out the word, "oooooooohhhhhhhh." I love it. I love it every time and can't get enough. You smile at everyone . . . unless you think there is danger of them picking you up and taking you from me as you are attached to me just like I was attached to my mom. Slobbery snotty tears and all. You love your momma. Your favorite thing to do is race to the stairs and try to start climbing them before we can stop you. As you go up, you pat each step as if checking to make sure it is sturdy enough for your little 20 lb body. You are our itty bitty Katybug Ladybug. Tall and skinny. Dark hair and look like your daddy. You are very different from Alex and Rebekah even if your pediatrician says, "if she was older, it would look like you had triplets." :) You can be a fighter when you need to. You already learned to yell loudly when someone tries to take something you want. You love to snuggle and wrestle. You are so soft and squishy. You have angelic eyes that smile with your mouth. You have 6 teeth and can mush just about anything with your gums. A must since the only thing you'll accept via spoon is yogurt and spaghetti. You say Mama (your first word you understood), Dada, and Yes. You are a very picky eater, just like Alex. Textures bother you. You love meat, spaghetti, pancakes, yogurt, peas, corn, carrots (but all veggies have to be a certain way or you won't touch them). You love soups, casseroles, anything with noodles, and of course, ice cream. You love music and have started dancing. You aren't walking yet (two steps though!!!), but you are cruising and practicing standing all on your own. Your left foot turns in some, so we are going to see if we can help you fix that. You love your siblings and light up when they are in the room. They make you laugh all the time. You get angry when you can't keep up with them, walk up and down the stairs on your own, and play in the toilet. :) You love to be outside now, which is good. You used to hate it. You put everything in your mouth. You love the trash. You suck your thumb . .. just like your brother and sister did. You love to babble and make noises. You can do all sorts of sounds and love to sing nursery songs and just play. I would describe you as a happy go lucky sweetheart. We have called you Katybug for a long time. Rebekah used to not be able to say it, so she started calling you Buggy. That caught on in the family and so I would say about 75% of the time we all call you Buggy. You are our precious little bug. It seems fitting as well because you are named after your Mana, who loves Ladybugs. Because of her we have also dubbed your power color to be Red. :) We love you Kaitlyn so much and can't imagine life without you. Happy Birthday you big ONE year old!
March 4th - Your actual Birthday:
 |
| Mana sent this adorable apron for you. I LOVE it! Sooooo cute!!! Thank you Mana! |
 |
| Mmmmmmm, a piece of heaven. |
 |
| Three cheers for ice cream! |
 |
| Bliss. |
 |
| My parents are so cool. Sippy cups for my birthday. How . . . . sensible. :) |
Birthday Party!! (March 6th, which was actually your due date):
 |
| I am falling in love with decorating cakes. This one was SO fun to do!! Not bad eh?? I HAD to do a ladybug cake for my Katybug. |
 |
| Another view just because I love it. |
 |
| Soooooo Big! |
 |
| Loves Daddy . . . unless she wants Mommy. :) |
 |
| Ready for the party with cupcakes and all. |
 |
| The family. We LOVED having you all here! |
 |
| My AWESOME AMAZING sister brought this hat for Buggy to wear for her party. She kept it on almost the entire time. What a dolly. Man....I look tired in this picture. |
 |
| No I did not let her drink Root Beer. The empty can made her happy. I was down with that. |
Be prepared for A LOT of pictures of her with her cake and ice cream. I couldn't choose. There were too many darling ones. Enjoy
 |
| Who? Me? |
 |
| I'm thinkin red is definitely her power color. |
 |
| We first put some ice cream in a bowl. She didn't know what to do . . . but she knew she wanted it somehow or another. |
 |
| Ice cream cone. Much better. |
 |
| Buggy LOVES to stick her tongue out. I love it too. |
 |
| Uncle Joe was making her smile so much. Every baby I know loves Uncle Joe. |
 |
| My Mom had given us a gift back in November to give to Kaitlyn for her birthday, forgot she had done that, and sent us money for a gift. :) Love you Momma! So, we went to Ikea and bought this play tube. SO awesome. The kids play with it all the time. Kaitlyn loooooves it. $20. |
 |
| This is the gift she had sent us before for her. Puzzles, books, and a stuffed moose. |
 |
| Kim spoiled her, as always. She got her two ADORABLE outfits AND |
 |
| This Leap Frog Puppy Pal. Kaitlyn LOVES it! You can hook it to the computer and program her name in it and her favorite things so that the puppy says things like, "I love you Kaitlyn" or "My favorite food is spaghetti, what's yours Kaitlyn?" Super cute. You can set it to play night time music for up to 10 minutes. She falls alseep to it and actually got angry at me when I tried to take it out of her crib. Good buy Kim. Thank you!!! |
 |
| Just couldn't resist one more shot of her. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kaitlyn!! :) |
P.S. There are about 3 other new-ish posts under this one . . . I did them all in quick succession, so you may have missed them.
5 comments:
I LOVE the lady bug cake! You've really got some talent. Kaitlyn is getting so big and she's so adorable! It looks like she had so much fun and I'm so happy Kim and family could be there.
Love you!
Liesl
How fun! I can't believe your baby is one! (It sure is time to start having another one! lol) That cake is so cute too! Great job!
Happy birthday! That year sure went by fast. Don't you love their wet kisses! You look so good too! And that cake, it looks amazing.
I'm sorry about the school in Phoenix. I am so proud of you for stating your beliefs.
She is so precious. I am glad to hear you are enjoying cake decorating! Your ladybug cake turned out adorable!
I love first birthdays, so messy!! The only time you can get away with that! I love all the pictures and your stories....love love love your little family!! Too adorable!
Love ya,
Lindsey
Post a Comment