My Dear Alex,
I can hardly believe you are 5 years old. I actually get teary eyed when I think about it to much. You will be going off to school soon and it just breaks my heart right in half that I won't get to see you as much or hear your endless and thoughtful questions. You have grown up so much this last year. You have matured into such a grown up little man. You ask me the most thought provoking questions every day. You and I could sit and talk for hours I think. I have learned more in these 5 years with you than I learned in 4 years of college! I have learned all about martial arts, sea animals, wild cats, snakes, falcons, and many other kinds of animals. It is amazing to see your capacity for knowledge. Your biggest dream is to be the first marine scientist to study a live Giant Squid. That is a pretty amazing goal for a 5 year old....and you know what....I believe you will be! You have a great heart. You love your family without limits and you are the best big brother I have ever observed. You always try to include your little sisters in your games and even in your preschool activities with your friends. You are an excellent artist. It surprises me all the time the things you are able to draw! You are athletic and are excelling at Taekwon Do. Your focus on things you love is admirable. You have a great desire to do what is right and to understand the world around you. You love your friends and try to be good to them. Your greatest love is learning. You soak everything up like a sponge and it is so inspiring. We love you Alex. Happy 5th Birthday!
Like Rebekah's, I cried big ol' tears when I realized that your birthday photos were all lost. So many priceless moments of you and your happy face when you saw your balloons, your cake, your presents, your favorite foods, and your family all around you. Again, I hope I can tuck those away in my memory and never forget them. Here is the only photo I had that was on my phone:

No comments:
Post a Comment