Happy 2nd Birthday Alexander! We had such a fun birthday with Alex this year, as he is old enough now to understand it a little more than last year. His celebrations started with a visit from Mana and Papa and a Captain Feathersword sword, hat, and eye patch. So cool! He loves it. The first couple of pics in the slideshow are of him with his feather sword and hat. He loves to hold his feather sword and say, "Ahoy There!!"
On his birthday we had a Balloon Party with some of our friends and my family. It was so fun! He is obsessed with balloons right now, among other things. So, I made a balloon cake, got him a huge bouquet of balloons, and had balloons all over the basement for him and his friends to play with. He got new jammies from Grandma Jane, and some John Deere Tractors from Grandpa Tim and Grandma Jane. He LOVES them! From his parents . . . . wellll . . . . we decided to go all out this year and got him not only a little blow up T-ball set, but also . . . . A GOLDFISH!!
This brings me to the title of our post. After his party as we were getting him ready for bed, we said, "Alex, what is your new fishy's name?" He looked up at us, thought for a second, and replied confidently, "Fishy name is Caught!" He obviously can't explain why he chose that name, but we are pretty certain it is because he caught a fish with Daddy when they went fishing, and when Alex pretends to be a fishy in the bathtub, Daddy says, "I caught my fishy," and when he plays with his fishing puzzle, mommy says, "You did it! You caught a fishy!" He is so clever. What ever will we do with this little cutie. Enjoy the pictures. There are some good ones.
P.S. I have been starting labor today since about 3:30 am and things seem to be progressing (though quite slowly), so hopefully our next post will be of baby girl. Pray that things move faster!!
5 comments:
That is some mighty fine print there. Please let us know what we can do to help out with once the baby comes.
Joseph, we would love to bring you dinner because we know they don't feed the husbands.
We are so excited for you guys.
Happy Birthday littel Alex!! Looks like he had a great day!! Love the fish name! so cute!!
ahhh!!! Heidi!! are you still in labor?!! I've been waiting for some exciting news!! When is that baby girl coming?!!Hope you're doing well...especially if that baby is out of you! Love you!!
xoxoxo
Kari
CUTE CUTE CUTE HEIDI!! Happy Birthday Alex!! What a good mommy you have!! Is that a photobook too?? FUN PRESENTS!!
I hope that you're in the hospital right now pushing your little heart out, although I don't think you'll be pushing that much...can't wait to see our little princess!!!!!!!!!
hopefully while I'm writing this you are holding your new baby girl in your arms! I love you and wish you a quick and painless (well, as much as it can be) labor/delivery! Get pics up asap!
What a cute cake and fun party! Wish we could have been there. I am glad he had so much fun. And, what a great name for a fish!
Post a Comment