Wednesday, May 20, 2009

12 Inches Later . . .

For Mother's Day this year Joseph decided to give me a Mother's Day week. Each day for a week preceding Mother's Day, I received "Mommy Mail" on my desk with a riddle inside. The answer to each riddle was something I would get to do/buy/have if I answered correctly. I have "shrunk" out of my clothes and haven't had a haircut in almost 8 months, so he knew I was in need of some things. The answers were: A Haircut and Color. Pants. Shirt. Hobby Lobby. Lunch with Friends. AND A Day to Myself! So, today was my day to myself wherein I did almost all these things. I started it by going on a nice long run, then getting ready, going to get my hair cut and colored, lunch with a friend, and then off to shop. I think I needed this day for more than just the haircut, the lunch, and the clothes, but also to help me appreciate my husband and kids more. I missed them while I was gone. Anyway, I am sure you are all just dying to see . . . 12 inches later:
BEFORE:
12 INCHES and a Tint-Back and Highlight Later:
I chopped it mostly because I was growing it out to donate to Locks of Love, but also because I needed a change. I had her do a tint back so that I could go back to what has become my darker natural color. With every pregnancy, my hair gets darker! Grrr! Then I had her do some mild highlights to lessen the blow of my darker hair. Anyway, Thank you Joseph. You are to good to me. This was a wonderful day. I love love love love you!

17 comments:

FM Koppe said...

Heidi... WOW! Super fashion! Eu adorei seu cabelo! Beijos, Fer

Tawnya said...

Ok, I was so sad when you said you were going to cut it because I LOVE your hair long. But I have to admit, a LOOOOVVVVEEEEEE it short too. You look beautiful!!

Hilary said...

GORGEOUS!

Chelsea said...

Cute! You're right, you're not a blonde, you had us fooled! This color looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

Heidi- Super, super cute! I love it!

Kristi said...

I feel like the number one friend since I was the first to see the "new you". You look darn cute.

Kari said...

Heidi!! you look awesome!! I love love the cut and color! SO cute!! AND how wonderful to have a day to yourself... us mommies need that every now and then! I am a better mom because of my husband who gives me that time too!! YAY for Mom days!

Sheila said...

I have been waiting for this post since yesterday when we talked!! I KNEW you would be rockin' it short!! I LOVE IT Heidi! Really super cute. Cuter even than i imagined if that is possible!! AND THAT HOT BODY IS SLAMMIN!!!

Miss you more when we talk on the phone, and CAN'T wait to see you in just a couple months!! OF COURSE I will help you make a coupon book!! I'M OBSESSED!!

Stephanie said...

oooh! Me gusta! You look so sophisticated.

Unknown said...

Heidi!! You look HOT!!! what a sweet husband you have to give you a much deserved day of fun!! Can't wait to see you!!

Sarah said...

So cute!

Jessica Sorensen said...

your hair is so cute!

Abarca's said...

You look sooo pretty and you will be thankful when you get to Phoenix!

Charla and Jarom said...

You look super hot :) That's a lot like what my hair looked like recently and now I'm trying to grow it out! :)

Lindsey E said...

Alright skinny minny, your hair looks awesome along with the rest of you. Shrunk out of your clothes!!! You make me sick, you know that right. At 11 weeks along I barely fit in ANY of my clothes!!!
Anyway, I love the new look!

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe you cut so much hair! And it looks SO cute! I love it! We miss you!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

Way cute!!! I love the hair. You look great with it short!